My 3ds memory card got corrupted!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Banamy, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Banamy
    OP

Banamy GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    United States
    It wasn't anything to do with hacks or anything. But I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to recover what I once had. I had to format it, and tried to data recover but it failed. The only thing that I was able to save was my Nintendo 3DS folder. Is there anything I can utilize that folder for?

Edit: i was on rxtools 10.5. Im still on 9.2 sysnand.

Last edited by Banamy, Feb 17, 2016
  2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    You should always have an emunand back up on your PC... If you don't, you have an accident like this waiting to happen at any point.

There is nothing you can do but start from scratch if you didn't back emunand beforehand and REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR EMUNAND/CONTENT OFTEN.

Last edited by Tony_93, Feb 17, 2016
  3. Minasodrom

Minasodrom GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2015
    Australia
    what did you format? emunand? where your nands linked?

4. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    ALWAYS make a backup of everything, you can't have enough backups!

- I backup my SD every 14 days with win32diskimager (Naming goes: \Backup O3DS White\SD Image\2016-02-17\Younameit)
    - I backup my SD files every 14 days by copying all data to a backup folder on my pc (Naming goes: \Backup O3DS White\SD Files\2016-02-17\Younameit)
    - I backup emunand every 14 days (Naming goes: \Backup O3DS White\EmuNAND\2016-02-17\Younameit)
    - I backup my sysnand every 2 or 3 months (Naming goes: \Backup O3DS White\SysNAND\2016-02-17\Younameit)
    - I do all above whenever a new FW comes out and i update

Emunand and sysnand i keep all, SD Image and SD Files i keep 3 backups, so when i make a fourth backup the first gets deleted
    I have a 2TB extra HDD in my pc that i only use for backups of my 3DS / Raspberry Pi / Raspberry Pi 2 images/files backups and i make an extra backup of this on a 2TB portable HDD USB 3.0 (you never know)

Quantumcat likes this.
  5. Banamy
    OP

Banamy GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    United States
    I think I have my emunand folder still. Could I just import that after reinstalling everything.

I also have two bin folders in my rxtools folder that say EMUNAND and NAND both are bin files.

Last edited by Banamy, Feb 17, 2016
  6. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven 3.145.... something. E=mc2

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    Isn't the emuNAND on a different partition though?

7. Banamy
    OP

Banamy GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    United States
    I'm not sure. I guess I forgot I backed up my emunand and sysnand recently. The only reason I have the rxtools folder before the format is because I backed it up when I updated rxTools. So I imagine, I just have to inject the emunand backup back into my 3ds.

8. SirBeethoven

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    Use emuNANDTool the latest version, I think it should but don't hold me by my word. If the EmuNAND partition is still there and it's the same one you backed up to emuNAND.bin, then the it should work

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You have to have the same Nintendo 3DS folder with it too

Holy mother of mercy, I just realized my grammar

9. Banamy
    OP

Banamy GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    United States
    Okay sounds like I can do it because I have both backups and the original Nintendo 3DS Folder.

10. SirBeethoven

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    If you if it works, try using your newest Nintendo 3DS folder.

If you formatted with the system settings, the Nintendo 3ds folder you had when you formatted will be useless though