My 1000th post - What're your GBATemp memories?

What you like about gbatemp?

• admin are pretty cool

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • the content is pretty good

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • less edgelords, more conversation and content

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • potatoes are tasty

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • gbatemp sucks

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Brilliant resource

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

Howdy! So since it's my 1000th post, I wanted to ask what your memories of GBATemp are?

Feel free to add to this list:
-What brought you here in the first place?
-Where do you usually like posting?
-What bothers you the most about GBATemp?
-What has surprised you the most about GBATemp and kept you around?
-Do you prefer lurking or posting?

-For me, it was probably the wii scene that brought me here. I've been a lurker for a long long time, as my anxieties make it difficult for me to engage in social platforms, even anonymously.
-3ds and wii u mainly, though the pc section is fun
-mainly just stuff that every forum has to deal with. namely determining how fresh or old/outdated information is. That and the search function is fairly useless.
-I'm not usually a fan of the forum structure, but gbatemp is clean, simple, and fairly straight forward. I think the lack of "you're not a REAL gamer unless you like x, y, and z" in this forum is nice, and even the jerks are jerky about things that don't bother me. So I stick around.
-lurking. but posting is fun on gbatemp for some reason, so I recently started posting more. I lurked for a long long time up until this year really, where i've been trying to get better about engaging in a meaningful way.

- I came here for the Homebrew Scene. I was going to develop and release homebrew for the scene, but I'm a chronic procrastinator, and school's a pain, so this has been going more slowly than I'd like.

- Usually in the forums pertaining to Nintendo systems. I occasionally post here and in The Edge of the Forum.

- The Forums can sometimes get a bit too close to High School Drama for comfort. I know from experience.

- I didn't expect to actually make online friends here. That kinda sprung up as I kept posting.

- I'm a shitposter, though someday I hope I can be a shitposting dev.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Howdy! So since it's my 1000th post, I wanted to ask what your memories of GBATemp are?

Feel free to add to this list:
-What brought you here in the first place? I joined to bitch about Pokemon SS/HG and Mario and Luigi Bowser's inside story's APs
-Where do you usually like posting? I know stuff and I like it when people know proper information
-What bothers you the most about GBATemp? Anyone who refuses to learn, even if it will benefit them.
-What has surprised you the most about GBATemp and kept you around? I learned something new, so I keep staying to learn new stuff.
-Do you prefer lurking or posting? I guess posting
I think everyone knows me at this point.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one will ever find us down here.
Just don't go start building any intercontinental missile launchers.

- I came here for the Homebrew Scene. I was going to develop and release homebrew for the scene, but I'm a chronic procrastinator, and school's a pain, so this has been going more slowly than I'd like.

- Usually in the forums pertaining to Nintendo systems. I occasionally post here and in The Edge of the Forum.

- The Forums can sometimes get a bit too close to High School Drama for comfort. I know from experience.

- I didn't expect to actually make online friends here. That kinda sprung up as I kept posting.

- I'm a shitposter, though someday I hope I can be a shitposting dev.
Yeah, I feel your pain. I was having a lot of fun working with Unity, then got myself wrapped up trying to get a Ph.D. Ain't got no time for nuttin'.

Reactions: Deleted User

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-What brought you here in the first place?
Asking shitty noob questions.
-Where do you usually like posting?
Shitposting, impossible ideas, lame spriteart, furry stuff.
-What bothers you the most about GBATemp?
Weeb abundance, some clickbait news, hacksns54,
-What has surprised you the most about GBATemp and kept you around?
I came for the help, left, and returned and stayed for shitposts.
-Do you prefer lurking or posting?
I lurk quite a bit, but I post at times as well. I really don't have much to add to most discussions...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1