Music Folder fucked

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Langin, Jan 6, 2011.

Jan 6, 2011

Music Folder fucked by Langin at 6:01 PM (798 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Langin
    OP

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Yeah my father deleted my ow so importend music folder and I was angry, I connected my iPod copied pasted done. But now I have a problem, my music folder is fucked up I cannot find ANY song, how can I organize my music folder without doing things that take much time?

I have latest iTunes, stuff was copied over an iPod video 5th gen.

2. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    could it be your music was deleted on the PC so when you connected your ipod it ereased it [​IMG]

3. Langin
    OP

Netherlands
    I believe you do not understand me, I copied my music over from my iPod from my pc, and in iTunes it opens good like in my old music map. But now its fucked up, I cannot find my songs since they are all renamed like:

RALF
    ROFL

Just cal it...

4. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    If you only have the media files then, as you have seen, the best you can do is import them into iTunes. Those which have tags will be correctly reorganised. Those without will be given their current filenames as their track names and placed in the Unknown Artist\Unknown Album folder. I would suspect that most of these files will be in .wav format in which case you will have to listen to and rename them one at a time. If however there are files in .mp3 or .acc format then you may be able to build tags for them using MusicBrainz Picard Tagger. iTunes won't detect any updates you make with third party tools, but I found a script for that called UpdateTagInfo.

5. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    You'll have to rebuild your library. Have iTunes organise them and by renaming them all and its good [​IMG]
    I can't get mine to do the organise thing without copying all music to the iTunes folder (I wouldn't mind if it was moving but copying?)
    Also: Lol at your Dad for being dumb enough to delete gigabytes of music from your computer without even asking.

6. HateBreed

Member HateBreed GBAtemp Regular

United States
    get a program called xilisoft ipod transfer.. it lets you see the song titles and info and lets u choose which songs to back up

7. Langin
    OP

Netherlands
    Yeah pokesav and some importend programs from mine where deleted cos they took to much "SPACE" Sjeez...

But thanks for the suggestions I gonna give it a shot.

8. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    iTunes should do its magic assuming all your Title tags etc. haven't been corrupted.

How computer illiterate is your dad? Were his office documents really demanding he needed to delete stuff? (I presume he only uses the computer for Office work) Be really mean and set up your own username on the computer with admin privileges, password it then revoke admin from the other account. Move your documents to the new account et voila you have your own space on the computer your Dad can't touch and your Dad can still do everything he wants to (i.e. internet access, office work etc.)