Hardware Multiple HD External Enclosure USB

Toughschmidt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have several hard drives that I've been swapping for the Wii using an external HD dock. One FAT(or NTFS, can't remember right now don't have it with me, I use it for retro emulation .WAD loading) and a few WBFS.

The main thing is that one of my WBFS drives is nearly full, and I'm going to start another one, but I would like to be able to browse both using Conf USB Loader at the same time. I know Conf USB Loader supports multiple partitions, but I don't know how these multiple external HD enclosures work with the Wii. I'm not talking about the ones that have a button or a switch, but the ones that support spanning/JBOD. Will it have to format these WBFS drives to group them as JBOD? Or if I plug them in, will the Wii just see two WBFS partitions? That would be ideal. I guess it would be even more ideal with a 4 drive dock if I could put the multiple WBFS drives and the FAT (or NTFS) drive in there as well, and see them all as separate partitions. So, as the description says, has anyone tried this, and what were your results?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
External raid boxes should work as good (or bad) as normal external drives.
Im almost certain that it will require new filesystems.
If using JBOD the software might retain the partitions of one drive but everything else would be to hard to program for a cheap box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg