Homebrew Multiplayer Tower Defense Game?

xxRAG3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be willing to do anything I can except make it myself (I cant program) to see this come true.
Incase you don't know what im talking about, ill provide a few links...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeFz8unzevE...feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAT6aHefcDE...feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pVInSRReUg...feature=related

(I would prefer if the map shape was like the first and second video.)
IS IT POSSIBLE
frown.gif
I might even donate some $$$

(The idea is from starcraft)

xxRAG3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i know of wc tower defense, i mean a defense in the format in the videos.

I made this to the best of my MSPaint abilities
biggrin.gif

SCDef.jpg

Okay, heres how it works. Enemies spawn in the yellow areas. Each player has the ability to place sunkens (buildings that shoot spikes [watch the video incase you don't know what they are]) to make a maze or some sort of a passthrough for the enemies. The goal for the enemies is to make it to the yellow area directly across from them. THEY DO NOT ATTACK, because guys will have low health in order to make sure that YOU DO NOT WALL (if the enemies cannot get through to the other side, they will become angry and hurt you) and that you cant get bsed by a prize with a lot of life. Sunkens come in the form of Drones, little builders who do no damage, and when building whatever they build, the turn into it. Only 1 sunken is allowed. Also, special enemies can pass through sunkens, so youll need to put guys inbetween sunken holes so they might not go through. Please reply with any questions, and i will assist further. Please make my dream a reality.

TRUST ME THIS GAME IS FUN. I have played for atleast an hour a day, and have played it for the past 7 years. Thank you.
(if anyone plays starcraft and has ever played a game called "Sunken Defense" this is it.)

2 More Versions that are really fun.
The top one ^ is called 10way because enemies come out of 10 different areas. This one is called 6 Way.
6way.jpg

Same thing, small differences (such as special units.)
2 Way is a special one though
2way.jpg

I would suggest 2 things if this map were used. First of all, a wireless multiplayer would be nice so that 2 guys could work together to make a defense, fun times. Also, if it were used in wifi, you would need to add some sort of text box or microphone support for the teams to actually work together.

Guys are not restricted to their player areas. This is because I want to add a component where all units/buildings of a player who leaves get randomized, so his defense may continue. People may help cover the hole the player has left etc or take the units and leave it for the guys adjacent. In addition, gray areas just mean passing area. This is land that doesnt really have to be covered, unless you want a very large maze.

I might want to add a vote ban for the wifi games. Incase someone is doing bad/not there/bsing.

xxRAG3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevenka said:
Have you played ninjatown? Same concept as tower defense.
tongue.gif
i love ninjatown, but your not paying attention.
MULTIPLAYER WIFI
and i also want it in the format i posted.
sorry about quad posting, but it was lagging too much to do so.

ALSO: Please, i need someone to make this come to life because i cannot C++. I will design everything and you may take all the credit.=, i could really give a crap, i just want this to be a reality.

xxRAG3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i decided to work on this with a friend, since no one gives a rat's ass. However, i was still wondering, where can I learn how to do things like incorporate wifi and other things.
(were still open to people who would like to lend a hand)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a