MultiMAN adds PS3-to-PS3 streaming internet backup sharing

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Xuphor, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Xuphor
    OP

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    http://www.ps3hax.net/2012/12/announcement-multiman-04-15-00-connect-to-another-ps3-worldwide/

Yea, wow. Now friends can play each other's PS3 games without downloading anything, and no PC at all. All they need is a speedy internet connection and CFW PS3's.

NOTE: I'm 95% sure that the source site is ok to be linked here. As far as I know, they do not allow illegal links, despite their name implies otherwise. I'm looking for another source, but am not having luck.

Maxternal likes this.
  2. LightyKD

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    can the server PS3 be used while someone is streaming a game from it? THAT is the question.

3. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    This could work well for people with 2 PS3s in separate locations. Keep your games everywhere without needing to bring your hard drive everywhere.

4. Maxternal

Member Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Costa Rica
    A more likely question, can multiple clients stream from the SAME server? (same result ... possibly less complicated to code)

5. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    Maybe, within the same network you can use internal IP address, you will have to make some configurations in order to get an external IP address working.

6. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    And I just said to a user here that it was not possible to move a file to another PS3 without a PC or external HDD.
    Deank, did you read us? :P
    Thanks.

You need a cobra to stream-play a PS3 game?
    Saves are going into your own console or on the server?
    I don't have a cobra dongle to test that feature and I'm still on 2.0.x and 3.41ofw, maybe it's time to update and test new features.

7. Xuphor
    OP

United States
    Pretty sure it's a no, by their wording, it sounds more like you only need Cobra CFW (Not the congle even) just to stream games "Stored" on the server. I think that means HDD only, but I'm not entirely sure. Even if you do, they are referring to the Cobra CFW, not the Cobra dongle, which afaik, is available to anyone, not just dongle owners.

8. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    ah, I thought the cobra cfw required their dongle to work.
    I didn't follow the cfw evolution recently.

9. Xuphor
    OP

United States
    Technically it does iirc, but it's very easy to find a certain "Version" that doesn't. :P Yes, it's crackers that cracked a crack for cracking the ps3.

10. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    maybe you can play games in a sort of a LAN between these two ps3s. uncharted 3 would become more interesting

11. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Impressive- I always liked the network abilities of XBMC back when (even if I mainly stuck a cable in to FTP things around on occasion and left it out at all other times) and the "can I just use my network for games" popped up a lot, this was pre NAS as a relatively common appliance days as well.

@shakirmoledina if the games have a measure of what would be called system link/LAN I fail to see why not, trouble is most modern games decide they want servers for various (often suspect) reasons and creating/reversing code to an extent where you have have a third party one is no simple trick.