Hacking Multiman 4 question

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, to be fair, I haven't been keeping up in a while, mostly because it seemed like everything's been at a stand-still. So today I fire up my ps3 (cecha, running kmeaw's 3.55) and update to the current build of multiman (from 2.* to 4.02.01)... and I noticed that one thing I see now on the games side is that it will apparently look for and load PS1/2/3 ISO's... can this work as I currently stand? does this require the Cobra / True Blue dongles? How would I use this feature?

Or is there a more effective way of playing backup PS2 games on my BC ps3? I've been looking to retire my chipped PS2 for some time now... and that's about the one hurdle I have left for that purpose.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, it requires Cobra dongle. But it will give you a region less PS2 console without hacking the disc.

I also did retire my PS2 console. Memory Cards and Wired controller is not my thing now.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cobra team continued multiMAN development to make it compatible with their dongle.
Recently (few days ago) Dean made an update from it to use new layout for all users (even non Cobra users).

without Cobra, you can create ISO but not load them.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does the cobra dongle also allow you to play backup PS2 games off disc like I have? It would at least give me some time, until I can get a big-arsed external hard drive (or two) to plug into it and make my ps3 a heckuva lot more useful :D

Now this has me seriously debating... whether to get the TrueBlue or the Cobra. I knew I shouldn't have, but finally got to play the new Twisted Metal, and god it has me hankering to play it proper.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol