Multi Discs Resident Evil Games on GC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by AlBa, Feb 16, 2009.

1. AlBa
    OP

AlBa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2006
    Hi,
    I am wondering if those multi disc Resident Evil Games (namely, RE Zero, RE 1, RE Code Veronica) can be played with Wiigator's Backup Launcher.
    It seems that once you take a disc off the wii, it won't take it or any other ( until reboot that is ).
    So can you like save at the end of the first disc, then boot on the second and load the save?
    I am only interested in those RE Games, cause some are exclusive to the GameCube...
    Thx in advance for answering [​IMG]

2. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    yes those games work

as far as the 2 disc games, not sure how it works with inserting the 2nd disc. i think if it allows you to save before/at the end of disc one you should be fine, if not you can't boot disc two.

3. AlBa
    OP

AlBa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2006
    I know thoses games work, the gc launcher compatibility list is here for that.
    I want to know is if you actually are given the possibility to save at end of disc1 and resume after booting on disc2 with those games ( re1, re0 and re code veronica )

4. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    I'm 99% sure they enable you to do that. Even if they don't, by the time you finish the first disc there's probably a workaround [​IMG]

5. geegee

geegee GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2007
    United States
    There is another thread about this someplace. RE games (at least RE1 and RE0) do NOT allow you to save at the time you switch discs. So you are unable to boot disc two using the backup launcher.

6. JoeyGennaro

JoeyGennaro GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2005
    United States
    Yet another reason multidisc functionality is a must for this loader...can't come soon enough...

7. linkinworm

linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2008
    Birmingham (England)
    please wait for waninkokos next mios it has support for games like this, iv tested and can comfirm

8. trancepara

trancepara GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2008
    United States
    Really? It'll be able to support two disc games? That's sweet! [​IMG]

9. YellowYoYos

YellowYoYos GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2008
    United States
    Good to hear linkinworm