alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got all the files of FFVIII, but I don't have enough room for it, and I don't want to remove Phantasy Star Portable. So would I be able to play one disc at a time? Or do I have to eboot them all together, or just one eboot at a time? :\

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
Alex said:
I got all the files of FFVIII, but I don't have enough room for it, and I don't want to remove Phantasy Star Portable. So would I be able to play one disc at a time? Or do I have to eboot them all together, or just one eboot at a time? :\
You should be able to play them one at a time if I remember correctly it the game saves before you change discs so you should be alright
yaypsp.gif

Try2bcool

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there's no way to splice them together, they have to play just like the original game did, you save at the end of the disk (when prompted). Then you can delete that EBOOT and put the next one on the card and boot it up and load the save.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try2bcool said:
Yeah, there's no way to splice them together, they have to play just like the original game did, you save at the end of the disk (when prompted). Then you can delete that EBOOT and put the next one on the card and boot it up and load the save.
Oh, because I always wondered what the "How many discs" option in RS-Popstation Gui, I never did understand that, well thanks!
yaypsp.gif

gameworm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You actually can make an eboot with all the files together. You simply select switch disks at the end of every disk to continue. Be prepared though, FFVIII is a little over 2GB when made this way.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFVIII is three disks, IIRC. I've gotten FFIX (four disks) under 2GB with maximum compression settings when combined.

aero125

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I played all my FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX on the PSP one disc ( one eboot ) at a time.

Only the disc you are playing is needed to be active, so the non active disc could be taken out to save space on the MS. Game and Save IDs must be the same for all the individual eboots that make up the game.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
underpressure116 said:
FFVIII is three disks, IIRC. I've gotten FFIX (four disks) under 2GB with maximum compression settings when combined.
I downloaded four. I guess it's a bonus? Final Fantasy 8, not 7. 7 has 3 discs.

(Man I loved that game, but I my brother had no memory card ;_; when we had a PSX.)

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
Alex said:
underpressure116 said:
I downloaded four. I guess it's a bonus? Final Fantasy 8, not 7. 7 has 3 discs.

(Man I loved that game, but I my brother had no memory card ;_; when we had a PSX.)
Final Fantasy 8 is actually 4 discs so its not a bonus
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.