MT Cards and Gateway 3DS Cards

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by PokeChampion, May 6, 2014.

1. PokeChampion
    OP

PokeChampion GBAtemp Fan

Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    By using one of those choices of eather using a Gateway or MT Cart on my 3DS and update it to 4.5 firmware etc. I wanted to know if I could use the decrption and re-encrption method like. If I wanted to get competitive hacked XY Pokemon. Or would I have to get a Red and Blue cart to do so

2. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    Seriously dude.

We answered this for you 1000 times in the past Powersaves thread.

Once again, there is no way to inject pokemon into your save publicly. Be it either by Powersaves, Gateway, MT Card, or any other flash cart, you cannot do it yet.

3. PokeChampion
    OP

PokeChampion GBAtemp Fan

Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    how about extraction? Because someone else told me I could use them for that reason

4. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    By extraction, you've been able to do that since KeySav. However, you cannot reinsert them anywhere in a save and then inject them at this time like with Pokegen in gen 5.

5. PokeChampion
    OP

PokeChampion GBAtemp Fan

Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    Well. I'm going to switch the subject around here and tell you something completly different

6. krzz

krzz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2009
    France
    ok

7. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    We look forward to it. When do you plan on starting? Got an ETA for when you'll publicly release your findings?

RubenCantuVota likes this.
  8. PokeChampion
    OP

PokeChampion GBAtemp Fan

Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    Well actually. Here's what Shryock (Creator of PokeGTS.us) told me about GTS Spoofing for Gen 6 and hacking into it.
    Him: There... you do realize how PKE works, right?
    The way that PokeGTS.us works is by using DNS to hijack part of the session and redirecting it to my server, which spoofs Nintendo's servers. This works for Gen 4 and 5 because they used an unencrypted protocol for this portion (Aside from some signing shenanigans that was easy to bypass)
    However, for Gen 6, they decided to use PKE and TLS to secure the entire session.
    (Gen 6 being X/Y)

This means that you cannot hijack the session because it uses public key cryptography to begin the session (meaning that you cannot spoof the server without having the server's private certificate), and cannot insert yourself into an existing session without access to the negotiated key, which would require a hacked 3DS (in which case you could just inject a pokemon into the game that way) You're wanting to try to connect to the GTS as though you were a 3DS and spoof an upload sequence?

9. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    Kyle... copypasting someone else's words does not make you look intelligent.

RubenCantuVota likes this.
  10. PokeChampion
    OP

PokeChampion GBAtemp Fan

Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    That's what he directly told me. Is that you can't do so without using a hacked 3DS handheld console. And plus. Shryock proved it to me. So