Gaming MSN Alternatives?

~De arimasu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yesterday I broke my laptop and so I'm currently using my brother's PC for going online. I'm fine with that only Windows Live Messenger doesn't seem to work on my account. I'm looking for an alternative (not Web Messenger, Ebuddy etc.) because I can't be bothered to spend ages fixing it when I intend on getting a new laptop relatively soon.

I've currently been using Pidgin but I'm really not liking the layout. What other msn alternatives do people know of and which ones would you say are the easiest to use?

mthrnitesmiley.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Does your brother have Vista? If so, does your account have a password on it? If so, try removing the password and re-logging into your account. Fixed it for me when MSN wouldn't let me sign in on my laptop.

If that isn't the problem with MSN, try giving some details. There's probably at least 20 people that'll be able to fix it in no time.

~De arimasu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Law said:
Does your brother have Vista? If so, does your account have a password on it? If so, try removing the password and re-logging into your account. Fixed it for me when MSN wouldn't let me sign in on my laptop.

If that isn't the problem with MSN, try giving some details. There's probably at least 20 people that'll be able to fix it in no time.
When I try to log in it comes up with 'Error 800401f3 the service is temporarily unavailable'.

I tried out aMSN as that seemed like the one most similar to the original MSN but that also didn't seem to work. I'm thinking it might be the computer xD

For now I'll stick with Pidgin (unless someone can offer a solution to MSN?) as the only bedbugs I have with it are that there's no Personal Messages and you can't view/send webcam.

I searched a bit on Google and found this:

Solution:

Go to a DOS prompt and type in the following OR go to Start -> Run and then copy and paste each line below hitting after each one.

regsvr32 Dssenh.dll /s
regsvr32 Gpkcsp.dll /s
regsvr32 Slbcsp.dll /s
regsvr32 Sccbase.dll /s
regsvr32 Softpub.dll /s
regsvr32 Wintrust.dll /s
regsvr32 Initpki.dll /s
regsvr32 Rsaenh.dll /s
regsvr32 Mssip32.dll /s
regsvr32 Cryptdlg.dll /s
regsvr32 Msxml3.dll /s

But that didn't seem to work for me
frown.gif

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CloudSE said:
~De arimasu said:
Jaems said:
MirandaIM.
I've tried all the ones listed but they don't really suit my tastes. Maybe I'm just being overly picky >_<
just give MirandaIM a try it's not that bad you'll get use to it quickly and it's pretty simple to use

and its not like you cant skin it to make it look nicer.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't be surprised if all 3rd party clients stop working in the next few weeks.
In fixing a security hole official clients have to be the latest version, anything else won't work.
MS will be turning off access to older clients in late October.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out