Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madtamski said:
choupette said:
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Can this mplayer version read video files from a USB flash drive?

DATA only

and what is that supposed to mean ?

the purpose of replying to a post is to inform.

this is not informative at all

It won't play actual DVD movies but will play the AVI's (Divx, Xvid etc) that you have stored on a normal DATA DVD
wink.gif

Wouldn't work for me, I got my version through the homebrew browser though and I'm not using this specific channel.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this channel installed and tried again but it looks like mplayer can't find any files on the DVD. These are normal xvid/divx dvdrip so I dunno what's wrong.

I got a file to play through samba though but it doesn't like fast forwarding.. ;p

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishears said:
rally1 said:
do i need dvdx installed for this to work. many thanks

only if you want to browse DVD
(v0.07 requires it so I assume this derivative does as well)

Well thanks for that, now I know what was wrong. I Installed dvdx and now I can see/play files from a dvd.
biggrin.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Well thanks for that, now I know what was wrong. I Installed dvdx and now I can see/play files from a dvd.
Why didn't you check wiibrew mplayerwii, you must of knew it required dvdx, this is just the thread of the new release + others. not to state the "readme"

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Why didn't you check wiibrew mplayerwii, you must of knew it required dvdx, this is just the thread of the new release + others. not to state the "readme"

It was newbish of me wasn't it? But then I'm not a perfect person cough asshole like you.

I never asked anyone for help or anything in this thread if you read it, but only posted my experience. I did find fishears' post helpful since I was a little mixed up on the issue. Naturally I posted a follow up to my other post in case anyone else gets stuck in the same boat. Anyways the problem is fixed for me so please refrain from posting about it anymore because you really didn't/can't add anything useful.

harryk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
I updated the first site with install instructions (and added USB to features list).

I will make the next WAD (r21) with region 3. I didn't know what the region number means, so I used 2 for PAL to make sure it works. So if I use 3, it's region free, right?

ReVoLT0X

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a PAL Wii with Wiikey, 3.2e, HBC9, IOS36 and whenever i try and boot through HBC loads up as a black screen & nothing happens.

Anyone know where i have gone wrong?

ReVoLT0X

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
I have a PAL Wii with Wiikey, 3.2e, HBC9, IOS36 and whenever i try and boot through HBC loads up as a black screen & nothing happens.

Anyone know where i have gone wrong?
Reinstall the homebrew channel...

Have tried doing so to no avail.
I noticed when i re-install HBC9 it says i have I0S34 4.15, so i updated to I0S36 and completed the re-installation but nothing changes and still doesn't work.
I repeated the process and i noticed it still says I have I0S34 4.15. Is this significant?

Its quite strange as i can load Mplayerwii 0.07 with SDHC support but not any other version of 0.07.
Anyone got any ideas?

theman060606

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just what I have been looking for to save a little time and run MPlayer from the main channel menu. Can anyone confirm that the NTSC version works on a 3.3U NTSC wii? I have seen too many horror stories about semi-bricked wii's having loaded unconfirmed wads. Thanks and great work.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theman060606 said:
This is just what I have been looking for to save a little time and run MPlayer from the main channel menu. Can anyone confirm that the NTSC version works on a 3.3U NTSC wii? I have seen too many horror stories about semi-bricked wii's having loaded unconfirmed wads. Thanks and great work.

There's a thread with the latest version in a channel, always updated. Search for that and use freethewads on it.

ReVoLT0X

Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only one who has had any problems with the new versions of Mplayer?

I have piles of discs full of XviD im dying to play on my Wii but I just can't get it to work, Can any1 come to my rescue?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

I have piles of discs full of XviD im dying to play on my Wii but I just can't get it to work, Can any1 come to my rescue?
Have you installed DVDX YES/NO? you NEED IT!!!!
doesn't support certain file formats, so stick with .avi

That's all you need DVDX and your'e away playing your data files!
smile.gif

ReVoLT0X

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:

Have you installed DVDX YES/NO? you NEED IT!!!!
doesn't support certain file formats, so stick with .avi

That's all you need DVDX and your'e away playing your data files!
smile.gif

Yes i do have DVDX installed, my problem is i cant get the program to load whatsoever, through HBC or Mplayer Channel just loads straight to a black screen.
I can load Mplayer 0.07 with SDHC support as i previously stated but no other version, its quite strange really.
Im lost and out of ideas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do people ask why buy what you want +1