Homebrew Mplayer DVDx

bisky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Modchip is D2pro and Ive downgraded my firmware to 3.2E.

My problem is Ive installed "MPlayerWii_rodries" so that I can watch xvids of CD/DVD but when I open mplayer via HC it brings up the menu asking what I`d like to boot from (SD,USB,CD/DVD etc...) and when I click Cd/DVD I just get a screen with the word "PATH" in green and the rest is blank.

I press "A" and it says ""exception (dsi) occurred" and a big error code.

any ideas what I`m doing wrong?

cheers

bisky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
did you install DVDX and patchmii and libdi?
all can be found via searching google.....
also it doesn't play CD's!!

DATA DVD'S only, also NO FOLDERS on the disc...

thanks for your reply mate

Ive installed libdi, dvdx and patchmii installer v2

Its a data dvd and there are no folders on the disc, just avi files.

I softmodded my friends and added Mplayer and the same disc I`m using works fine, the difference is, his is unmodded.

bisky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
hmm, did you do patchmii installs? as your modded......

On my friends I installed HC with twilight hack and then a backup loader a while ago, it was only recently I learnt about mplayer so I added that for him and it worked but b`cos his isnt modded I didnt have to use patchmii so maybe its somethin to do with that, its really strange b`cos my flash drive via usb is workin fine, its just the cd/dvd part i cant get to work, its like it doesnt know the correct path.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
its just the cd/dvd part i cant get to work, its like it doesnt know the correct path.
stop saying CD!
MPlayerWii by Rodries required YOU as your modded! which chip BTW?
anyway....go install DVDX and do patchmii install, also install patchmiicore and libdi

http://hackmii.com/2008/08/libdi-and-the-dvdx-installer/

now try
smile.gif
make sure it's a DATA DVD DISC

bisky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
its just the cd/dvd part i cant get to work, its like it doesnt know the correct path.
stop saying CD!
MPlayerWii by Rodries required YOU as your modded! which chip BTW?
anyway....go install DVDX and do patchmii install, also install patchmiicore and libdi

http://hackmii.com/2008/08/libdi-and-the-dvdx-installer/

now try
smile.gif
make sure it's a DATA DVD DISC

Sorry mate didnt mean to keep sayin CD, dont know why I did.

Thanks to you mate its sorted, I uninstalled it all and then installed, libdi,DVDX and patchmicore and it worked great, firstly i installed patchmi installer too but that didnt work, when I left that out it was great.

cheers for the help mate, been at that all day.

P.S Is there anyway to Rep you on here?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Thanks to you mate its sorted, I uninstalled it all and then installed, libdi,DVDX and patchmicore and it worked great, firstly i installed patchmi installer too but that didnt work, when I left that out it was great.

No problem glad you got it sorted, guess your chip is a tricky one, some are....mine isn't
tongue.gif

erm....no this forum doesn't give rep..also enjoy your films
smile.gif

bisky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:

No problem glad you got it sorted, guess your chip is a tricky one, some are....mine isn't
tongue.gif

erm....no this forum doesn't give rep..also enjoy your films
smile.gif

thnaks again bud.

bisky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive been running Avi`s from SD Memory card and DVD, Ive just tried running one from a Flash drive and its saying "missing video stream" or something like that. Ive tried it with several different avi`s.

anyone know how to fix this?

cheers

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Ive been running Avi`s from SD Memory card and DVD, Ive just tried running one from a Flash drive and its saying "missing video stream" or something like that. Ive tried it with several different avi`s.

anyone know how to fix this?

cheers
hmm that's strange, use GeeXbox for your USB drives....
smile.gif

bisky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I`ll try Geexbox, the weird thing about it, is that I can put my SD card into a usb reader and then connect it to the wii and that will work fine, it must be somethin to do with this flash drive.

bisky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got a new flash drive and I tried Mplayer and it worked fine, but others arent working.

So i took your advice and used geexbox.

on "GeeXBoX_0.1_alpha1" it boots up and then freezes on the geexbox menu screen.

on "geexbox-wii-0.1alpha4" it freezes halfway through the loading screen(orange bar).

any ideas what I`m doing wrong?

cheers

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Just an Advice from me...forget GeeXbox...realy..it's unstable. Only use it if you need USB (the best Part of GeeXbox).

For the rest, use the MPlayer Chritmas Edition here, speed it up by deleting the Samba-Config (if you don't need samba), and replace the loop.avi with the loop.avi from here.

Voilà, you will have the best, nicest looking, and the most stable Media Player (until now) for the Wii!!!

bisky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers mate, i`ll do that but I do need Geexbox for the USB, Ive got a Flash drive I like to fill up.

is there any other program I can use?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Blue-K said:
Just an Advice from me...forget GeeXbox...realy..it's unstable. Only use it if you need USB (the best Part of GeeXbox).

For the rest, use the MPlayer Chritmas Edition here, speed it up by deleting the Samba-Config (if you don't need samba), and replace the loop.avi with the loop.avi from here.

Voilà, you will have the best, nicest looking, and the most stable Media Player (until now) for the Wii!!!

That second link doesn't work. Can you upload the loop.avi to Mediafire?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
SpaceJump said:
Blue-K said:

That second link doesn't work. Can you upload the loop.avi to Mediafire?

It's basicly the loop.avi from the Twiizers-Player. You can find it at WiiBrew...What the..? WiiBrew is down? What happend? I'll upload my folder...it's here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=83b3401...8eada0a1ae8665a

My whole folder, with deleted Samba-Config. Place it in Apps and be happy
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone