Trophies
XP
Country
v0.4 released! Lots of changes:
QUOTE said:
* USB 2.0 support (see docs for info)
* TTF font support (see docs for info)
* Fixed bug in radio streaming.
* DVD-Video bugs fixed (DVDs should play much more smoothly now)
* Fixes in Libdi to detect chipped Wii
* Codec fixes
* Updated to latest MPlayer revision
* Many small fixes

m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Nice. Downloading right now
biggrin.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A remark about the 0.4 Readme. You write that the old DVDX installer doesn't work on firmwares >=3.4 but it works even on 4.0 if the right IOSes are installed.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
So, back from Testing the official 0.4-Edition...Comparing with the Beta I had...First again, but i've said it already to DJDynamite, USB2.0-Speed is awesome, impressive, and I can't live wthout it
smile.gif
. Now to the hard part...

Improves from Beta:
-Bootscreen (now not messed up)

Deteriorations from Beta:
-Data-DVD support completely screwed...

Well, thats sad news, sorry...DVDX still works in other Apps for me, like FTPii, but here, it's unable to mount the Data-DVD (which worked in the Beta). It won't show any direction...

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Deteriorations from Beta:
-Data-DVD support completely screwed...

Well, thats sad news, sorry...DVDX still works in other Apps for me, like FTPii, but here, it's unable to mount the Data-DVD (which worked in the Beta). It won't show any direction...
hmm, does it actually mount the dvd? or just blank? shouldn't be broke, i'l have to test later. if you can come on IRC djdynamite will speak with you.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sometimes it's really weird. after watching a movie and going back into my smb shares i get an error message saying that mplayer could reconnect to smb. no idea why. after i give my wii some time it reconnects fine most of the time. but sometimes it seems that the wii got stuck. i mean like under windows if you have a stuck program which causes the pc to be very 'laggy'. most of the time the wii doesn't react on input made with the wii-mote but some times if i give her time the input i made with the wii-mote is executed after a certain period of time. for example if i hit the B to go one menu up and let her sit for about a minute she will do what i wanted. like i said it seems similar to 100% cpu usage thing and non reacting explorer under windows.

and i have a feature request. don't know if it's possible but could you integrate a indicator if the network connection initialized correctly? like the one hbc has in the lower right corner and a reconnect/reload option would be great to restart the network initialization if no network connection could be established.

an other question. is it possible to integrate ss like playing videostreams from vlc and other streaming servers?

davvo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rename "cios_usb2_beta2bz27f500" to boot.dol
then put it in a folder named cios_usb2
then put that on the SD card in the apps folder
run it from homebrew channel
let it install via the net

the files have been deleted from Kwiirks page at wiibrew

heres the files already renamed

-http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9U7XW1U2

or

-http://rapidshare.com/files/215071064/cios_usb2.rar.html

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait. Why would I rename "cios_usb2_beta2bz27f500" to boot.dol and put it into the apps folder? That is the actual cIOS file isn't it? Thanks to your download links I have the installer. What do I do with the "cios_usb2_beta2bz27f500" file? What do I rename it, where do I put it?

davvo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the file has to be renamed boot.dol

but you dont need to do that as the links i gave
already have the correct name file
now you just need to put the folder cios_usb2 in the apps folder
then install from
homebrew channel

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I just got it to work by using the installer in the folder cios_usb2 (It did a net install) and using DVDx. You guys were wrong about that whole "cios_usb2_beta2bz27f500" thing. It doesn't launch from the HBC as I expected. What is it even? I'm assuming its an IOS file? If so then of course it won't launch.

davvo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey mate why ask for help if yer not gonner listen

all you have to do is rename the poxy file
go to hbc and run it
yes it then installs via the net as i said 4 post up

but as i renamed 4 you
you did not even have to do that

and when you have done that

You must then then reinstall DVDx using advanced mode and selecting IOS202. Even if you don't plan on playing DVDs this is necessary for MPlayer CE to detect if the cIOS is installed

-http://wiibrew.org/wiki/DVDx

inside the dvdx folder there is a file called boot.dol

which is also installed via the HBC

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what? I am listening but the advice you are giving isn't making sense. "cios_usb2_beta2bz27f500" is a single file that is 2.01 MB big. The "cios_usb2" folder is only 365 KB big. They are completely different. I don't see how renaming them would help. And I already said in my last post that I tried that and of course it didn't work like I expected. You didn't rename anything because I already have the same cios_usb2 folder from the Mplayer-CE download at google code.

And I got everything to work already as I said in my last post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5