Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I have this Error since two Days (I just realized today that this IS really an Issue...).

There is actual an Update which solve this Issue,but unfortunately it did not work for me (Windows 7 Pro 32bit + Windows 10 Pro 64Bit).
GMAIL with the Browser Login works.

Is anyone else who has this Issue ?

Thank you.:)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just for the sake of obviousness/completeness have you enabled access to outside programs within the web side of things? Gmail occasionally, and seemingly at random, decides to enable super paranoid security and restrict access to different devices, programs and whatever else even when they are coming from the same IP and possibly device.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Just for the sake of obviousness/completeness have you enabled access to outside programs within the web side of things? Gmail occasionally, and seemingly at random, decides to enable super paranoid security and restrict access to different devices, programs and whatever else even when they are coming from the same IP and possibly device.

Came back Home at the Moment and now it works again.
Thank you for the Advise.:yay:

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It also seems this was fixed with an update rolled out 4 days ago. Does your version say 68.2.1? If not, you can download it from the homepage as it contains the fix.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I think they have a "Problem" when accessing GMAIL from 3 different PCs (in the same Network....)

You're probably right. Maybe your networked PC's sent Google different IP addresses and that caused the authentification issue. From what I have read, what happens in that case is that Google probably set a CAPTCHA. Thunderbird cannot understand or deal with that CAPTCHA hence the error you got. People have mentioned that logging in via webmail enables Thunderbird to start recieving mail again.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You're probably right. Maybe your networked PC's sent Google different IP addresses and that caused the authentification issue. From what I have read, what happens in that case is that Google probably set a CAPTCHA. Thunderbird cannot understand or deal with that CAPTCHA hence the error you got. People have mentioned that logging in via webmail enables Thunderbird to start recieving mail again.

Yes,that sounds very plausible.:mellow:
It started on Friday since I put a third Device (Laptop with Windows 7) into the network.There the Issue appears the first Time.
Next was the known Update "Troubles" with Windows 7 on the same Day.....:(

*sigh* I think it is time to change something.....Windows 10 on ALL Devices or.....:(

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It is not a real "Problem" but evertime a surprise when such Things happens.:D

It could have been worse thank goodness. It's funny how upset and flustered we can get without access to the internet nowadays. Dark days ahead.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It could have been worse thank goodness. It's funny how upset and flustered we can get without access to the internet nowadays. Dark days ahead.

Unfortunately or thank god my wife and me only use E-Mail.
(No WhatsApp/Twitter and this bunch of Crap...)

And this is the Reason we need it daily for Notifications regarding training / job interviews / Super visions and many more.Not if WE want this,the Facilities prefer to "notify"....For us, if it were "Job" technically possible,we would not need an E-Mail or use it ... no SMS / MMS and this !§%$

:)

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately or thank god my wife and me only use E-Mail.
(No WhatsApp/Twitter and this bunch of Crap...)

I'm glad. It's the kids that need persuading though. And that's not gonna be an easy fix cause kids always want what other kids have. And kids just love technology.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had the same problem after launching my PC after a year. Turns out I just needed to keep updating Thunderbird from the "about" menu :P.

You're lucky it worked for you. Mine was stuck letting me know I was on the latest version which was 60.9.something till I looked up about the issue in this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime