Gaming Moving pokemon moon to sun

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not recommend moving saves. With XY and ORAS, you could do it only after beating the storyline because otherwise certain version exclusive event flags would get all messed up and cause problems. Plus, with Sun & Moon, the internal clock offset it set in the save not the version, so your time will be 12 hours off regardless. Someone would need to make a special converter that fixes all the event flags and time offset.

fjdjks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not recommend moving saves. With XY and ORAS, you could do it only after beating the storyline because otherwise certain version exclusive event flags would get all messed up and cause problems. Plus, with Sun & Moon, the internal clock offset it set in the save not the version, so your time will be 12 hours off regardless. Someone would need to make a special converter that fixes all the event flags and time offset.
damn should have waited for sun

SeacTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I saved right before getting the flute and imported my save so the flute changed. I believe this should be fine flag wise but hopefully someone will figure out how to change the 12 hour time shift eventually. I'll update if the events all happen right.

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: When using jksm to move the saves normally, it gives a error and the 12 hour difference is still there.

Someone should just make a moon to sun save converter.
The 12 hour difference isn't stored in the save, it's coded into the game itself. There's probably something else in the save that causes it to error out.

SeacTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 12 hour difference isn't stored in the save, it's coded into the game itself. There's probably something else in the save that causes it to error out.

How can that be though? If it was coded into the game then the save wouldn't influence the cycle.

D

Deleted User

how do you know he is dumping sun also?
I already have it and am installing it onto my sister's 2DS. No, this is not the fake Sun CIA that was floating around before, this one's smaller.

How different are the events, and how easy and likely would it be that someone would make a Moon to Sun/Sun to Moon save converter? My sister would probably be fairly upset if I wouldn't be able to transfer her Moon save to Sun.

MrYoshida

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have it and am installing it onto my sister's 2DS. No, this is not the fake Sun CIA that was floating around before, this one's smaller.

How different are the events, and how easy and likely would it be that someone would make a Moon to Sun/Sun to Moon save converter? My sister would probably be fairly upset if I wouldn't be able to transfer her Moon save to Sun.
where did you get it? is it on the iso site?

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
If transferring saves does not fix the day-night cycle then the hour offset is stored in the save data (even if its hardcoded into the game, probably only to save it into the save data when starting a save file). And yeah, like others have said, it can also mess up exclusive flags, who knows, maybe you end up with the wrong legendary too(?).

Anyways, I'm glad I waited for Sun to start playing haha.

D

Deleted User

If transferring saves does not fix the day-night cycle then the hour offset is stored in the save data (even if its hardcoded into the game, probably only to save it into the save data when starting a save file). And yeah, like others have said, it can also mess up exclusive flags, who knows, maybe you end up with the wrong legendary too(?).

Anyways, I'm glad I waited for Sun to start playing haha.
I tried to get my sister to wait for Sun, but she started crying when I asked her to wait.

bytar

Holy Knight
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry for off topic question, pls tell me list of events in po town as when i first visited, went to top stairs of mansion and said correct passwords, he said me to explore more. So pls help.

please someone help me too. i think i tried the all combinations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ