Hacking Moving EVERYTHING from USA to JPN

rassular

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know there's been topics similar to this in the past, but it's still not quite 100% clear to me if it can pan out the way I'm looking for it to.

The scenario I'm looking for is basically this:

Going from
Source System: USA origin N3DSXL (is the main system with my NNID, Friend Code/List, etc)
Target System: JPN origin N3DSLL (fresh)

To
Source System: USA origin N3DSXL (fresh and unlinked from my NNID, Friend Code/list, etc)
Target System: JPN origin -> USA N3DSLL after region change (is now the main system with my NNID, Friend Code/list, etc)

I don't necessarily need the NNID and Friend stuff to be unlinked from the source system but it would be ideal in order to sell it afterwards.

And just to note, I've looked at the SDTransfer guides here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-region-swap-system-transfer.566552/post-9079303

Just wondering if this is what will achieve the goal here.

Last edited by rassular,

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Sorry, forgot to check it's own thread.

If you want to system transfer through Nintendo servers and link your content easily and more importantly being able to use the eShop.

You need to system transfer from the system that you want to change the region (the Japanese one) to use the eShop to another system from the same region (another Japanese console), the sending unit should be the one you want to change it's region, .

Since they are "new" model systems you'll need another "new" model system (new 3DS, new 3DS LL, new 2DS LL). An original model system won't work for you in this case.

You could do that offline system transfer/cloning methods, but note that you won't be able to properly access the online content like that (you'll won't have transfered the accounts and data properly from the server side and trying to use some things when the system connects to the internet may or may not ban the systems) and there's a lot of disadvantages with that.

Also if you sell the system as is without making a system transfer and only factory reset it, you'll have to call Nintendo to unlink the NNID manually, in case you want to use it on the future with a different console and see if they do accept the request (they may not).

Reactions: rassular

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, forgot to check it's own thread.

If you want to system transfer through Nintendo servers and link your content easily and more importantly being able to use the eShop.

You need to system transfer from the system that you want to change the region (the Japanese one) to use the eShop to another system from the same region (another Japanese console), the sending unit should be the one you want to change it's region, .

Since they are "new" model systems you'll need another "new" model system (new 3DS, new 3DS LL, new 2DS LL). An original model system won't work for you in this case.

You could do that offline system transfer/cloning methods, but note that you won't be able to properly access the online content like that (you'll won't have transfered the accounts and data properly from the server side and trying to use some things when the system connects to the internet may or may not ban the systems) and there's a lot of disadvantages with that.

Also if you sell the system as is without making a system transfer and only factory reset it, you'll have to call Nintendo to unlink the NNID manually, in case you want to use it on the future with a different console and see if they do accept the request (they may not).
You do realize the eshop has been shut down yes? It dont matter anymore when it comes to region changes and different region consoles.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
It matters if someone wants to keep access to their account content, users still have access to what they bought.

Official game updates from the Home Menu will also fail without being able to connect to the eShop.

Reactions: rassular

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)