Movies on DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Natertater12, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Natertater12
    OP

Natertater12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    I have a DSTWO and I want to watch movies on my ds. On moonshell the audio gets behind the video. I got DSVideo and the encoder from filetrip. I have windows 7when I open the encoder it shows up then goes away. What do I do?

2. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Doesn't DSTwo have it's own video playback stuff which takes advantage of the on-cart processor(s)?

3. Mantis41

Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 3, 2009
    United States
    earth
    Don't try and open the encoder, just drag the file you want to encode onto the encoder.

4. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    No - not yet (I hope)
    Currently the Supercard team have supplied a bog standard moonshell2 as a stop gap (although IIRC - the SC team have never really said the DSTwo will have video playback)

However once the homebrew developers get their hands on the SDK - who knows what will turn up

5. Natertater12
    OP

Natertater12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    Thanks it worked.

6. riverchen

riverchen GBAtemp Fan

Sep 27, 2009
    United States
    Hey guys i got a question. I wanna get some bleach movies on mah ds, how big are the encoded files for dsvideo? (compression ratio, or how big would an average 1:30 hour movie?

7. macgeek417

macgeek417 妁眼のシャナ

Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    How the heck would you get subtitles working with DSVideo [​IMG]

I use MediaCoder and the version of Tuna-viDS for Moonshell2 for that stuff because any other way makes the subtitles unreadable.