Move from MenuHax to A9LH ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Appryl, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Appryl
    OP

Appryl Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2015
    France
    Hello !

I really want to move to A9LH but I'm a little bit confused...
    So, I have an EUR New 3DS which I have hacked in January 2016 with MenuHax and so I have CTR Boot Manager on it. I have Luma3DS on the Emunand and this Emunand is in the latest version.
    My SysNAND is on version 9.2.0-20.

So my question is... Can i follow Plailect's Guide without any risks ? A9LH is very attractive but I really not want to brick my 3DS... What is your point of view ?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english o/

2. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    A9LH is unlikely to cause bricks at this point in time.
    There's always a possibility, but on the N3DS it's so low that I don't think it's a serious concern.

3. Appryl
    OP

Appryl Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2015
    France
    Hmm okey... So if I understand the tutorial, I should skip the first part and directly begin with the "installing a9lh" part ?

EDIT: And, I have a lot of folders and files on my SD card, I don't know what to delete... I should only have the Nintendo 3DS folders and put the folders/files downloaded in the Plailect's Guide, right ? Nothing else ?

EDIT2 : I think I will backup my entire SD, delete all except the Nintendo 3DS folder and follow the guide, we will see... x)

Last edited by Appryl, Oct 21, 2016
  4. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    I finally made the jump from menuhax to A9LH on Tuesday. The longest part of the process was backing up my SD card, but it's totally worth it for price of mind.

I didn't delete my 3ds folder as instructed , instead I named my existing folder 3ds.old and created a new one. Once A9LH was setup I deleted the 3ds folder and renamed 3ds.old back to 3ds.

Minus the time spent backing up my SD card, it took all of 5 minutes from start to finish, and most of that time was copying the needed files across. Installing arm9loaderhax itself takes all of 3 seconds.