mateuscz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi.

I'd like to know if it's harmful to execute channels from a SD card. I mean, when I play a VC game, for example, from the SD, it's copied again to nand and after it's deleted. After repeating this process a lot, it can be harmful to the nand?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i wouldn't recommend doing it store the chans/ww on an sd card your not using yes but don't run them from it. i've got like 10 bad blocks from doing this never had bad blocks b4 until i started running chans from sd!

mateuscz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
i wouldn't recommend doing it store the chans/ww on an sd card your not using yes but don't run them from it. i've got like 10 bad blocks from doing this never had bad blocks b4 until i started running chans from sd!

Thank you very much for the advice.
smile.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
mateuscz said:
QUOTE said:

Thank you very much for the advice.
smile.gif

you are listening to the wrong advices, listen to tuedj and OriginalHamster instead

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Talk:Hardware/NAND

also, "bad blocks", as Bootmi detects them, are marked during the factory tests, I don't think the number will increase with time (NAND software won't even try to access them, this is the reason they were marked by the manufacturer), see BootMii FAQ

Think twice, if this was harmful to your Wii, the feature would not have been implemented by Nintendo, they are not that stupid

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a 4.2U wii and i tried installing a channel to the sd card. are the sd channels not supposed to show up in system menu?

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
i have a 4.2U wii and i tried installing a channel to the sd card. are the sd channels not supposed to show up in system menu?

Why hijack a topic?

Anyway, no they are run from the SD Card window on the bottom of your system menu screen.

Wynd

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would have thought the posters discussing the merits of nand flash memory are the ones hijacking the thread and my question that is related to channels running on an sd card was on topic, but it seems im wrong. anyways thanks.

mateuscz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
you are listening to the wrong advices, listen to tuedj and originalhamster instead

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/talk:hardware/nand

also, "bad blocks", as bootmi detects them, are marked during the factory tests, i don't think the number will increase with time (nand software won't even try to access them, this is the reason they were marked by the manufacturer), see bootmii faq

think twice, if this was harmful to your wii, the feature would not have been implemented by nintendo, they are not that stupid

So, I can move the channels to the SD without fear of screwing up my nand, right?
Thank you all very much for the attention.
smile.gif

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fattest said:
i would have thought the posters discussing the merits of nand flash memory are the ones hijacking the thread and my question that is related to channels running on an sd card was on topic, but it seems im wrong. anyways thanks.

What the fuck are you talking about, did you even read the question he asked?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended