Most stable home brew launcher

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by OfficialFBomb, Dec 10, 2016.

1. OfficialFBomb
    OP

OfficialFBomb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Atm I'm on 11.2.35, n3ds, running oot3dhax, and well it only boots to the launcher about half of the time. And I'm just wonder what other people use and if anyone using the same as me has the same issues, I'm looking for something more stable to boot homebrew..

2. SimplyFedorable

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    you could try installing steelhax, which is free. Just download steel diver sub wars from the eshop use THIS with oothax to install steelhax. After that, you can just launch the steel diver game from your home menu to boot directly to homebrew

3. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    a good portion of us have cfw and use the .cia build of the homebrew launcher. but I would recommend trying to get a copy of cubic ninja. I still use mine to boot every so often and it always boots every time.

4. OfficialFBomb
    OP

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Well sitting at the newest FW unfortunately i can not do cfw, i have an o3ds that i can hard mod downgrade but sadly i just dont want to.. I have done alot of cfw on different systems, and plainly im just sick of it all lol

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Trying this now, do i need to put a payload into the steel folder on the root of the sd?

Well.. I don't.. I have tried booting oot3d now for the 20th time for it to just freeze instantly.. It worked this morning before i used sdvt to copy a save.. Now it wont boot..

5. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    I've never had issues with oot3dhax, but I use the Powersaves version.

6. sieroi

sieroi GBAtemp Regular

Apr 29, 2015
    Realistically speaking, every single entrypoint is and will always be unstable. It's just the nature of the hack itself.

7. OfficialFBomb
    OP

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Same here, but I just noticed if you move around and jump on the bed before pressing A it boots more often.. However Steelhax freezes on the yellow screen when running the installer so steel is a no go..

That's why I'm looking for the most stable..

8. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    I always wait for the magic bar to finish filling before hitting A

OfficialFBomb likes this.