Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
OP
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
OK, I'm looking at Taiko no Tatsujin DS, that Namco drumming game, but I'm a little unsure of the way the text is stored. Since I can't read Japanese, I gave my character a name that looks something like "Tonc" in English (using Japanese characters, of course), and while I found the hex representing my name just fine using a simple hex compare, it looks like each character is two hex values rather than one. For example, the "c" in "Tonc" is represented by the string "4F 30". I was wondering how this should be entered into a table. Should it be "4F30" or "4F 30" (note space) or perhaps some other method of entering it?

And please, nobody expect anything to come of this. I'm looking into it almost entirely out of boredom and know zero Japanese. A translation patch is not going to come of this.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
OP
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Yeah, I'm pretty much way too much of a moron for ROM hacking. I got a shift-JIS table, but I have no understanding of how that helps me since it doesn't look like the game's text is encoded in shift-JIS. Beyond that, I can't even get the table I started to work, it appears to be spitting out kanji instead of the hiragana and katakana I'm going for. I shall leave the hacking to those who are capable. Thanks for the help.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Forget this game.I can't hack it too.Unless a packer to pack the compressed data back in the rom is released
rolleyes.gif

Go for a game like Tactical Guild or Majo Majo Doki Shinpan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night