More [unconfirmed] XBONE info.

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
1) You didn't know about the poster, gotcha. No problem.
2) You can read it if you concentrate - but it's 'coded'.
3) It doesn't matter, you don't have to be rude about it.

I find this generation terrible. Kids love Bieber, many on the internet try to start arguments for some unknownreason. It's really quite sad.

I do not appreciate you making extreme generalizations about youth starting arguments for no reason immediately after you have already started a fruitless argument over trumpet-205's completely valid comment. I do not wish to make an argument, but I completely disagree with any form of generation based insults. They are not valid in any scenario. Youth are people too and they have no reason to respect their elders if their elders don't respect them too.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not appreciate you making extreme generalizations about youth starting arguments for no reason immediately after you have already started a fruitless argument over trumpet-205's completely valid comment. I do not wish to make an argument, but I completely disagree with any form of generation based insults. They are not valid in any scenario. Youth are people too and they have no reason to respect their elders if their elders don't respect them too.

EDIT:

No idea why I just posted what I did. 48 hours awake due to work, and my mind is off.

Anywho, agree to disagree.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for altering that response Brian. I think it'll be far more civil to agree to disagree. Sleep well and get ready for the exciting E3 ahead of us. :D

Of course!! I'm sorry about the earlier response - I don't even know if it made much sense!All I know is I need sleep- haha!

E3's on its way! Here's to a good one! :)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This fucking Xbox. Just when you think it's bad, it keeps getting worse.

1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version.

2. More DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.

3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

4. DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated.

5. Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.

6. Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.

7. Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Tanks

8. Live paywall still there, even for F2P (look at World of Tanks)

9. Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference.

10. No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed.

11. No DRM info for PS4.

SOURCE. Would there honestly be any other at this point?
1. This is pretty obvious. I don't think anyone expects microsoft to tell us "you see this game? Yeah...you can buy it for our console or for the PS4! :D ".

2. of course there's no rental strategy. That's part of what "your games are tied to your account" means.

3. this is somewhat interesting (I thought EA came up with it)...but hardly a surprise.

4. worse than having to connect every day? Hmm...would be interesting news if there was some explanation on what that actually means.

5-7 and 9. this will be interesting, since if this is true, we'll know in a few hours. And it'll give credibility to 1->4 and 8 (I guess they won't be talking about that :P ).

10-11. why are these mentioned, other than attempting to spark interest in the PS4?

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
A few thoughts. How is Microsoft's DRM going to be even worse? It's already bad enough. And I knew it was bullshit when Microsoft said that the publishers were pushing for the cloud/DRM. Totally Microsoft's idea. Also, live paywall to access F2P games? What kind of bullshit is that?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A reliable source has given me an inside scoop. The Xbox One is even worse, if you can believe it - Microsoft's new servers will be powered by the tears of mistreated orphans, and in order to access Xbox Live, you'll have to pay a yearly fee of $75 and kick a puppy in the teeth.

Geez, can these guys do anything right?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A reliable source has given me an inside scoop. The Xbox One is even worse, if you can believe it - Microsoft's new servers will be powered by the tears of mistreated orphans, and in order to access Xbox Live, you'll have to pay a yearly fee of $75 and kick a puppy in the teeth.

Geez, can these guys do anything right?

Don't forget;

every time you turn on the system, you have to punch a baby in their face 3 times.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Introducing the new icon for the XBone
clipart-skull-and-crossbones-large-pink-f3ba.png

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, live paywall to access F2P games? What kind of bullshit is that?

Xbox live gold/premium fee. I can see how it is going to be worse. All those shared game library features will most likely locked to subscription users. With all the other shit microsoft is doing, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't have premium you can't use your games on a new console if yours breaks.

Microsoft must have made a killing on people like me who kept replacing their 360. Now they want to expand that to the games market. Good job microsoft, you single handedly killed dedicated console gaming for me this generation.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking about how M$ can make their DRM worse and one thing I can think of is by making the Kinect 2.0 recognise when there is more than one person in the room watching you play your single player game and demands that you either pay a fee so that people can watch you play or you have to kick them out of the room.

It's either that or it's tying your face and body shape to one account, one person one account, so that if someone else is accessing your account to play a game, with your permission of course, the machine will lock itself down since it doesn't recognise that person.

I'm half-serious with the first paragraph.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning