Hacking More Than One USB Drive?

burrellbloke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do any of the USB loaders support use of more than one USB drive yet? I know the cfg loader can read from multiple WBFS partitions on the same drive.

I am wondering if I had two USB hard drives connected through a powered hub would a USB loader be able to select a drive to read games from - or is this impossible?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newer cIOS revisions such as 14 require you to use the bottom USB port (when Wii is laying flat) for all USB hard drives, so having two drives at once isn't possible as of right now. As an owner of two 500gb drives, it would be nice if they could both be used at once within a loader, but having to swap the cable between the two is hardly something to complain about.

EJ Wells

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any chance that a USB hub would work for more than one device on the bottom port? I use a thumb drive for playing movies and am getting sick of all the unplugging and plugging in myself. Heh.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope. The EHCI driver is one hell of a hackjob, and implementing USB Hub support would be difficult and might break stuff. See also http://wiibrew.org/wiki/CIOS_usb2#Driver_limitation
But it is no problem to use a partitioned hard drive with USB Loaders. In fact, I have a FAT partition for data, a WBFS partition for games and two Linux partitions (ext2 to install some MiKe implementation later on and some swap space for it).

EJ Wells

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...