Gaming More Resident Evil Games for Switch?

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love my Nintendo Switch and the Resident Evil Series I have Revelations 1 and 2 on my switch i have sunk over 15 hours just into the first game and I plan to sink in more before I'm through. That being said I am very curious as to what Capcom is thinking of doing next with the switch and in terms of the Resident Evil series. I see that both the Xbox and PS4 have previous RE games available for them. What do you guys think of the possibility of the old games being ported to the switch? Also, i have heard rumors that Capcom is working Resident Evil 8, Resident Evil 2 Remake, and possibly a Resident Evil Revelations 3. With that being said, when resident evil 7 came out instead of using a known game engine like unity or unreal, they used their own engine which is appropriately named the Resident Evil engine. This engine requires at least 4gb of RAM. Most of you are thinking "yea the switch has 4gb of ram it will work" Not so fast if you look deeper you will see that the Switch does indeed have 4GB of RAM but only 3GB is usable for the games. so for Capcom to release new games on the switch they would either have to be built in a different engine or Capcom would have to make the Engine more efficient to run on lesser hardware. Anyway, I am just venting and saying What I think. I think we have a better chance if older games getting a port then new games coming out for the system unless something changes. what do you guys think, Please let me know

Reactions: hichamedd

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
its a shame they havent ported 4,5,6 yet, i would buy them for sure and since they are hd remasters of ps3 there is no BS saying switch cant handle an hd remaster of ps3 game.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does the game play? I considered getting it cause I wanted to try resident evil revelations 2 but I wasn't sure about playing it. Maybe I'll just never like any other resident evil games besides 5 & 6 :unsure:

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since when are "revelations" games resident evil :(

*sigh* I miss the good old 90' ...

Not so sure how good RE2:RE will be, but I am also quite sure that capcom will actually re-release all Resident Evil games eventually for the switch. At least digitally (*sigh* again I miss the 90' ...).

I would buy (physically): Original :grog:, Remake :bow:, Zero :wub:, 2 :toot: and 3 ^_^ (as Remake or not), 4:wub: and even 5 ^_^ and CVX :glare: ... but the rest ... can go to hell :nayps3:

(Digitally I will likely buy none of them - give me my games or go to hell Capcom!)

Last edited by Onibi,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How does the game play? I considered getting it cause I wanted to try resident evil revelations 2 but I wasn't sure about playing it. Maybe I'll just never like any other resident evil games besides 5 & 6 :unsure:
so you only like the most hated RE games? lol 5 and 6 are by everyone considered the worst in the series so wait until they destroy RE again and you will like that game :P

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well I don't care what everyone else hates. I dislike Resident evil 7 and 4 so, oh well. :mellow:
5 and 6 are just action games with monster they are everything but normal RE games, all re games bedies those 2 atleast try to be horror games, no idea how you can like 5 and 6 and hate 4 when 4 is the mst actioned of all re games besides those 2, if you really like full action zombie games re is not that IP they tryed twice and now are going back to the roots.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5 and 6 are just action games with monster they are everything but normal RE games, all re games bedies those 2 atleast try to be horror games, no idea how you can like 5 and 6 and hate 4 when 4 is the mst actioned of all re games besides those 2, if you really like full action zombie games re is not that IP they tryed twice and now are going back to the roots.
Cause it is a game I don't have to play alone. It's a co-op game, and maybe I like action packed stuff, that feels more like a arcade game, reminds me of Contra but in 3D with aim controls. :)

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess Resident Evil games have been diverse in their lure. Initial thoughts:

1: Survial horror item management, corporate storyline, great (map/item) design
2: Similar to above, less horror more stress feeling, larger scale
3: Similar, more action no horror, more military storyline, strange constricted action feeling due to old controls
CVX: Hmm what to say. It had a story and felt like Resident Evil. Not sure, it had nothing new going for it really and what it had was not special.
4: Not much ammo management - lots of shooting in return, money management and collection of guns (great since you can shoot them more), almost no story arc sadly (mostly just "interactions"), great fluent action gameplay
0: Throwback to original feeling of 1, Great item management, story, maps and nice non co-op co-op idea
5: Co-op, lots of ammo, guns shooting, BS story, much like RE4 with worse locations, enemies and overall design
6: ... action shooter co-op ...
7: Silent hill style obscene horror and design, rest rather flat compared to other games IMO

What I dislike most is that they moved away from bio weapons and the whole "yea it's unlikely but I can see the realism" of the biological and corporate story. Mixed with outrages locales and megalomaniac minded people in charge. The same mix you get from metal gear. Truth and logic in the underlying ideas and grandios renderings.
Instead they embrace chainsaw potato sack, tortured obscene and ugly and transforming monsters more and more (without much logical narrative). Same reason I never liked silent hill. Illogical horror shocker crap.
Also action over item management is not my thing. But I loved to shoot my stocked Red9 so actively ... :P

Last edited by Onibi,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I guess Resident Evil games have been diverse in their lure. Initial thoughts:

1: Survial horror item management, corporate storyline, great (map/item) design
2: Similar to above, less horror more stress feeling, larger scale
3: Similar, more action no horror, more military storyline, strange constricted action feeling due to old controls
CVX: Hmm what to say. It had a story and felt like Resident Evil. Not sure, it had nothing new going for it really and what it had was not special.
4: Not much ammo management - lots of shooting in return, money management and collection of guns (great since you can shoot them more), almost no story arc sadly (mostly just "interactions"), great fluent action gameplay
0: Throwback to original feeling of 1, Great item management, story, maps and nice non co-op co-op idea
5: Co-op, lots of ammo, guns shooting, BS story, much like RE4 with worse locations, enemies and overall design
6: ... action shooter co-op ...
7: Silent hill style obscene horror and design, rest rather flat compared to other games IMO

What I dislike most is that they moved away from bio weapons and the whole "yea it's unlikely but I can see the realism" of the biological and corporate story. Mixed with outrages locales and megalomaniac minded people in charge. The same mix you get from metal gear. Truth and logic in the underlying ideas and grandios renderings.
Instead they embrace chainsaw potato sack, tortured obscene and ugly and transforming monsters more and more (without much logical narrative). Same reason I never liked silent hill. Illogical horror shocker crap.
Also action over item management is not my thing. But I loved to shoot my stocked Red9 so actively ... :P
some bosses in RE6 were just ridiculous i mean a huge doglike creature with a gun on the tail? i mean wtf? how can even something orgamic make someone into a 2 story tall dog creature with a gun tail?...

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
some bosses in RE6 were just ridiculous i mean a huge doglike creature with a gun on the tail? i mean wtf? how can even something orgamic make someone into a 2 story tall dog creature with a gun tail?...

I agree :glare: that game was the worst when it comes to enemy design so far ...:nayps3: ... completely unbelievable as a virus lore. Things splitting up weirdly in (strait lines and layers no less) and recombining, chainsaw arms ... No connection whatsoever logically in the metamorphosis of things or biology. Things just morph however the designer wanted. Some get Krauser arms, or become weird translucent sisters, "dogs", Sabertooth cats, or just perfectly normal Adas (later cement barfing blob). They all "flame on" o.c. (worst part of CVX ... they have to use it here everywhere). Mass of things does not matter (worst of RE4) as you said ... very meh ...

Also design wise, the all look like some unidentifiable meat-blobs.

Basically I feel they singled out and combined the worst effects and designs of the previous games when it comes to logical and believable design and said "yea that's what we need".

Also cocoons forming and bursting in under 5 seconds is a waste of a perfectly good cocoon:teach:.

Last edited by Onibi,

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love RE4 with updated controls to make Leon feel less like a tank. RE5 simply for the split-screen multiplayer. That would be quite amazing.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never played any RE games but Resident Evil 7 and I liked it. The characters get too close to the camera stupidly sometimes but overall very lovely graphics. It felt like I was playing Fallout but with puzzles.

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would expect many who liked RE7 to not have played or liked other RE games. RE7 has very little in common with RE. And I don't mean that judgmentally. I don't like the game, but that's not the issue.

I do find it nasty to slap a brand sticker on something so fundamentally different.

To give an analogy, if you like to drink coke, and coke replaces all cokes with coke NEW, which is chocolate milk, that's mighty nasty, even if you would enjoy chocolate milk otherwise. Because you are looking for a damn coke ^_^

And the worst is that most fans likely feel that way, while non-fans would pick up and try the game under a different brand as well. So in the end, they do it to get a little bit more income from the few who try it for the brand name, meanwhile hurting their own brands integrity ... I don't really get it ... Even something like "Resident Evil: Spooky Redneck Gore 1" would have been understandable to me ... but 7? A non-Spin-off?

Last edited by Onibi,

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Getting back to topic:

Also, i have heard rumors that Capcom is working Resident Evil 8, Resident Evil 2 Remake, and possibly a Resident Evil Revelations 3. With that being said, when resident evil 7 came out instead of using a known game engine like unity or unreal, they used their own engine which is appropriately named the Resident Evil engine.

I think all engines can be ported. While it is certainly a hassel to port an inhouse engine which may have been designed with fixed constrains, I don't think that's a long-term blocking issue. Typically by the time the next game rolls out, the engine will be more dynamic to fit the new system landscape. Otherwise capcom looses out on an opportunity to sell. In turn, then something like RE7 may get ported. I don't think we will see RE7 on the switch for quite some time until RE8 or later. But today's engines are expected to perform very dynamic, esp. with pro vs non pro systems being more common. With dynamic resolution scaling and effects being tuned down, a lot can be done. And they know their engine needs to be able to do these things.

I think we have a better chance if older games getting a port then new games coming out for the system unless something changes. what do you guys think, Please let me know

I do too. I belive we will see every RE game or remake on the switch and that eventually that will make the system a necessary target for the release of newer games, yes. When they see that RE sells on the system, they will be forced to support it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb