Hacking MORE PROBLEMS WHYYY

The Under Line

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i did every thing right then.... the problems came back my sdhd card Back fired as when i set it to FAT32 it only holds 2gGB of space when on ex32 it holds the 14GB its made 2 HELP me for the 5th time in FORVER

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you are formatting to fat 32 you aren't formatting the whole card. You are formatting one of the partitions. (reason you are getting only 2gb)
In linux it's like this dev/sdx would be the root partition dev/sdx1 would be partition 1 dev/sdx2 would be 2nd partition. and so on and so on..(x in sdx is generic because it depends on how many drives you already have on system as to which letter it will be.) If you are on windows well you'll have to have someonBe else answer that. I really can't remember haven't used windows for a couple years now. But anyway you are mounted to one of the partitions and that is why it's not formatting properly. Either that or part of your drive is hidden...

The Under Line

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you are formatting to fat 32 you aren't formatting the whole card. You are formatting one of the partitions. (reason you are getting only 2gb)
In linux it's like this dev/sdx would be the root partition dev/sdx1 would be partition 1 dev/sdx2 would be 2nd partition. and so on and so on..(x in sdx is generic because it depends on how many drives you already have on system as to which letter it will be.) If you are on windows well you'll have to have someonBe else answer that. I really can't remember haven't used windows for a couple years now. But anyway you are mounted to one of the partitions and that is why it's not formatting properly. Either that or part of your drive is hidden...

Tank you but no help al let my sis do it on her mac

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
its not hard in windows. there's a utility built in Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management

A new window will open. On the left is a list, find "Disk Management" and click it. Find your SD card in the list of drives. Right click the partition and delete them, then right click again and make a new volume/partition (click format). Backup ur stuff first.

2ryiwm0.png

Reactions: FaTaL_ErRoR

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh and if for some reason it still only lets you use 2gb, something is wrong with the card (cheap/knockoff) most likely as Fat32 support 32GB by default, and much much larger using other programs (the wii has no problem with large fat32 from my experience). If you need to use another program, I suggest getting Acronis Disk Suite. If you search it, links will come.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Eclipse: Thats exactly what I was looking for. I had just found some info on it when I clicked back over and you answered it...

WHEN I GET "tiered of glitches" I GET ANGRY AND DOWNLOAD ALL THE FAKE SOFTWARE IN THE WORLD
Well when you get tired and angry just ask someone if the program is real or fake. (or hell just google is "insert bogus program" fake)
Lol, not to preach linux but fake programs aren't as common on linux.....I like linux, much like homebrew projects on consoles most linux is written by general programmers, college students, and random people learning. Usually linux distros look and operate better than windows os. .....(oops gonna stop here or i'll type all night long on this subject...lol)

The Under Line

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Eclipse: Thats exactly what I was looking for. I had just found some info on it when I clicked back over and you answered it...

Well when you get tired and angry just ask someone if the program is real or fake. (or hell just google is "insert bogus program" fake)
Lol, not to preach linux but fake programs aren't as common on linux.....I like linux, much like homebrew projects on consoles most linux is written by general programmers, college students, and random people learning. Usually linux distros look and operate better than windows os. .....(oops gonna stop here or i'll type all night long on this subject...lol)
hehe my friends making a custom linux bit coin mining pc i guess its good for stuff like that :D
nah im just found one called the most generic name ever: sd formater and its doing its thing i set it to override and erase all data it should do the trick

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hehe my friends making a custom linux bit coin mining pc i guess its good for stuff like that :D
nah im just found one called the most generic name ever: sd formater and its doing its thing i set it to override and erase all data it should do the trick

Cool, Glad you got it working (hopefully). I just suggest Acronis personally because it's never failed me and comes with extra tools for dick (yes dick) drives and repair.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more