Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lintz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Made a quick and dirty conversion of the windows script to a linux one. Tested on arch linux but should work on every distro.

DeathGrind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime i try to boot into the rx tools menu i get
Failed to load NATIVE_FIRM:4Reboot rxTools andtry again.

I've tried redownloading the firmware.bin from the windows bat 100's of times. Did each one individually so it didnt error out, then combined them. Always get
Failed to load NATIVE_FIRM:4Reboot rxTools andtry again.

been at this for about 4 hours.

noobmeonce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah It started with this;

"10. Rename the Homebrew Menu's boot.3dsx to HBL8.3dsx and drop CTRBootManager's boot.3dsx into your SD card root"

I did exactly that... but whenever I try to boot HBM from ctr I get an error screen. It's really annoying.
and of course using the webkit hack just sends me to ctr now, since "that" is the new "boot.3dsx"

Last edited by noobmeonce,

lintz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah It started with this;

"10. Rename the Homebrew Menu's boot.3dsx to HBL8.3dsx and drop CTRBootManager's boot.3dsx into your SD card root"

I did exactly that... but whenever I try to boot HBM from ctr I get an error screen. It's really annoying.
and of course using the webkit hack just sends me to ctr now, since "that" is the new "boot.3dsx"

Did you use the boot.cfg from the spoler or the one included with CTRbootmanager?

If you check inside the boot.cfg you will find what name it should be.

Reactions: noobmeonce

noobmeonce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I did. I copied and pasted the code over the old txt in boot.cfg
(it says the offset is 0x0 I think in ctr when I'm in it if I remember right.

Last edited by noobmeonce,

noobmeonce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOLY F^%$#@@ing.... FINALLY....
The HBL8.3dsx file was corrupted... I reinstalled it twice. From a new starter.zip
First got me a red screen only... second it booted. Geesh.

DeathGrind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finally got installation succesful in rxtools, by using the december nightly. The rxtools download from the mirror link in OP was the cause for the installation failed for me. maybe this will help someone.

Reactions: noobmeonce

DeathGrind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so Im pretty sure I set everything up, follewed the guide and completed it.

Now i have a noob question, how can i tell if im using Emunand or sysnand? Also how do I boot to emunand.

Thanks

RitzMalh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My rxTools is not detecting my EmuNAND. Here is what I've done so far:

1. Downgraded my o3DS XL to 9.2.0-20U

2. Created an EmuNAND using EmuNAND9. My sd was reformatted, shows ~2gb less total space (partition software lists 1.2GB of Unallocated Space), and was renamed to "EMUNAND9SD".

3. I've dragged all my files back to my newly formatted sd

4. I've booted into rxTools via CTRBootManager.

5. RxTools sets up installation.
But then rxTools tells me that EmuNAND is not found/detected. Trying to find TMD version so I can inject FBI gives me a systeminfo error.

Any ideas? I've tried recreating EmuNAND and it still didn't work (and EmuNAND9 warned me that there was already an existing EmuNAND)

Mr Chomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have got problems running the batch file.
Code:
DISPLAY: 'FIRM' TYPE: DOWNLOAD STATE: ERROR
PRIORITY: HIGH FILES: 0 / 1 BYTES: 0 / UNKNOWN
Unable to complete transfer.
ERROR FILE:    http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/000401380000
ERROR CODE:    0x80190194
ERROR CONTEXT: 0x00000005
Press any key to continue . . .

maighalb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue when it comes to injecting FBI. Whenever I press "check TMD" or "inject FBI" I get an error message that says "Opening S... Failed! Opening S... Failed!" with a prompt to return to the menu. I don't know if its related, but everytime I launch RXTools it states that the installation has failed before I get onto the menu.
Any help would be appreciated here.

maighalb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I used the alternative RXTools in the original post, which let me inject the FBI. However I now can't boot rxMode as I'm getting the "NATIVE_FIRM: 4" error.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My rxTools is not detecting my EmuNAND. Here is what I've done so far:

1. Downgraded my o3DS XL to 9.2.0-20U

2. Created an EmuNAND using EmuNAND9. My sd was reformatted, shows ~2gb less total space (partition software lists 1.2GB of Unallocated Space), and was renamed to "EMUNAND9SD".

3. I've dragged all my files back to my newly formatted sd

4. I've booted into rxTools via CTRBootManager.

5. RxTools sets up installation.
But then rxTools tells me that EmuNAND is not found/detected. Trying to find TMD version so I can inject FBI gives me a systeminfo error.

Any ideas? I've tried recreating EmuNAND and it still didn't work (and EmuNAND9 warned me that there was already an existing EmuNAND)

Ignore the warning and install anyway. I have done this a few times on o3ds as i was having issues getting mine running cfw. if u install emunand again, it'll just overwrite it. No problem. Keep in mind im on o3ds and NOT an expert. just speaking from my personal experience.

RitzMalh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ignore the warning and install anyway. I have done this a few times on o3ds as i was having issues getting mine running cfw. if u install emunand again, it'll just overwrite it. No problem. Keep in mind im on o3ds and NOT an expert. just speaking from my personal experience.

I have overritten it. I only mention the warning to show that EmuNAND9 did in fact detect an emuNAND.

DeathGrind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally got all set up and installed a few cias. I have another question maybe someone can help with. I've been trying to find a way to dump all my 3ds carts. From what I read it's possible with the gw launcher.DAT, but I have had no luck getting the launcher.DAT to run . used the cubic ninja entry point and no luck. Any advice?

omikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does FBI stand for? The tutorial makes no mention of it until the line "YOU'LL HAVE TO INJECT FBI MANUALLY WITH THIS" which provides a link to an entirely unrelated thread. Without any CIA files, I used that thread to dump and then reinject the Heal and Safety app for no apparent reason, hoping it would change something. It didn't.

Gwstas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I registered just to exress my frustration with your guide. If you were near me, I would punch you so hard(like Saitama) that you'd have a hole in your face.

I've been trying for 3 hours now with those shitty guides in here. I'm stuck at step 12, where you check emuNAND's TMD. For some reason, while I followed your guide, I get errors saying:
"Opening S...
Failed!
Opening S...
Failed!
Press A to continue"

I'm pretty sure I got a European version as my firmware is 9.2.0-20E. Thing is, EU has 3 different versions so I'm not sure which one to use.

If you want to make a guide, do it right and provide solutions to the foreseen Errors that shit-noob users like me might encounter.

Also, your skills at making guides suck big time. 0% extensive/detailed. To install a CFW you need to see us as fking babies.

I'd be thankful if you could tell me what to do to get past the TMD shit error. Thanks and sorry for shitposting and frustration. <3

Reactions: V0ltr0n

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock