More comments on megaman legends 3 cancelation

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by madeinair, Jul 22, 2011.

Jul 22, 2011
  1. madeinair
    OP

Newcomer madeinair Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Dear friends,

The MML3 project has not just changed my life, but actually encompassed it for months. Seeing that project come to a close has been very difficult, and something I’ve tried to mentally deny, but alas, we have been confronted with the situation and must all face it together.

As you know, the Mega Man Legends 3 Project has been one of sky-scraping ambition--to create a game which incorporates large quantities of tangible, meaningful input from the fans.

One of the fundamental aims of the Legends 3 Project was to provide the game's loyal fans with a level of transparency the likes of which had never been offered by a major game developer. The team developing this game provided in-depth articles detailing the various processes that going into this game's creation, from voice recording to the creation of 3D character models. They talked about the office atmosphere and all of the ups and downs of the game development process with a degree of candor that was, to be perfectly frank, often quite concerning for the rest of the company.

Why was it a concern to everyone else at the company? Because the thing is, there are tough realities in this industry that are largely left unpublicized for a good reason--because they're tough. All games go through a multi-stage approval process, but most games are not brought to the public's attention until that final approval has been met. With Mega Man Legends 3, exposing the fans to that process was part of the project's core concept--to show everybody what it really means to create a game. We were all in it together here, for better or worse, and now together we must accept the outcome that many games ultimately face.

I know that many fans are extremely disappointed by this news. Please realize that this cancellation is no less of a blow for the dedicated staff who have been working on this project for most of a year now. Since Legends 3's first conception, it has consumed most of the team's waking hours. We have been living and breathing Mega Man Legends for months--We've spent hours upon hours in meetings, created vast amounts of content both in the game's prototype and here in the Devroom, and there have even been multiple trips overseas to meet and discuss the game's progress. To we who have been deeply involved in this project, it is more than a game--it is a symbol and a manifestation of the collective hard work, creativity, and vision shared by all of us. Not just a product, but an amalgam of minds.

The decision to close this project after all it has meant comes as very difficult news to all staff members as well, but we must move on.

While it didn’t ultimately result in a game, it was a real look at game development in action, with all the excitement and disappointments that can entail. We did not arrive at the destination we had hoped, but we thank you for coming on this journey with us.

To better days ahead,

Greg

Source : Source
    xD

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
  3. Nobunaga

Member Nobunaga Empty

Greece
    Create a new megaman game or you are dead lol
    I want Megaman SF or BN 3D [​IMG]
    This kinda sucks because they tease people with pictures and video and then they cancel it wtf is happening [​IMG]

4. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Gosh, now we have drama in the gaming industry..

5. rock7

Newcomer rock7 Advanced Member

Brazil
  6. madeinair
    OP

United Kingdom
    really sad to see this happening, i really loved megaman legends 1 and 2, and when seeing the trailer i was excited!!, lots of ppl contributed for it and at the end, they just cancel it -.-. kinda reminds me of megaman universe, capcom are realy taking the piss these days

7. rock7

Newcomer rock7 Advanced Member

Brazil
    CyberConnect2's CEO (Solatorobo) are interested in working on the game

Source

8. omega59

Member omega59 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I hope they make this game happen :-(

9. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    it was one of the few games i wanted to buy on release, not a massive massive fan of megaman, but played megaman legends 2 on PS1 and it was AMAZING, loved every minute. was expecting this to be better but sods law!

10. stanleyopar2000

Member stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

United States

it was one of the games that would make me pissed and angry about missing out on not buying a 3DS..oh well!! [​IMG]

11. madeinair
    OP

United Kingdom
    I was thinking, maybe they cancelled it cause the 3ds isnt as big of a hit as they thought, who knows they mite be releasig it for another handheld or even a console [​IMG]

12. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    Capcom is full of shit. Do you guys believe in all this ?? If they had already invested so much money, time, effort and have a lot of content already done and ready for it like it's reported the game wouldn't be down drain now.

What happened, they didn't reveive enough drawings from pre-school of robots and shit?

Shit and shit again at and on them.

Pip'

13. sonknuck23

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    ^ This guy's always pissed off, anyone else notice that?

Anyway, I just found it suspicious from the start when the shop channel came out and there was no Megaman Legends 3 Prototype which was announced as an eShop "launch title".

14. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    It was actually known to be delayed before the release of the eShop, iirc.

15. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    But if you would have follow the news a bit more, it was announced to be delayed even BEFORE the release of the eShop due to the earthquake in Japan.

I love you to btw.

This topic doesn't belong in " 3DS - Hacking & Homebrew" sorry.

Pip'

16. Zarcon

Former Staff Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Canada
    A lot of games go through this kind of thing.
    But like the guy said, they just don't publicize it to this extent.

There have been games that have essentially been completed and ready to ship that get cancelled just because the company doesn't think it'd sell well or represent the company in the way they'd like.

There are projects that get cancelled after millions of dollars have been thrown at it.

This isn't new and happens all the time.

The only difference here was that they publicized every step in MML3's creation process.

Also, I'm totally going to flip a table the next time someone says something completely uninformed like "The fans didn't make enough of the game for them."
    They made everything themselves.
    The made multiple versions of everything.
    They just asked fans to vote, via a poll with pictures to display the options, on which version of things they would prefer.

17. madeinair
    OP

United Kingdom
    Capcom -.-, Man the only reason these ppl did that is cause they know they can make alot more profit from franchises such as Monster Hunter ETC rather than spend alot of time and effort doing megaman legends and getting ideas from their audience, they just want to make the quickest cash in the most reliable and proven way (reusing their old products and making sequels)