Hacking MoonShell 2 on the Center Button

Skanob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here are the things that you would need to do to properly use MoonShell 2 on EDGE. This will also allow you to restart from MoonShell 2 back to the firmware.

Download these first:
1. MoonShell 2 (latest version)
2. MoonShel 1.71(OLD) from the main website

Here are the steps:
1. Extract the folder "moonshl2" on your mmc from MoonShell 2. It should be on the main directory of your mmc.

2. Create a folder which is "moonshl" also on your main directory of your mmc.

3. Place "moonshl2.nds" from MoonShell 2 on the folder "moonshl". You do not need to DLDI patch MoonShell.

4. Rename "moonshl2.nds" to "moonshell.nds"

5. Copy the "reset.mse" from MoonShell 1.71(OLD) and paste it inside the folder "resetmse" of MoonShell 2.

6. Rename "reset.mse" to "EDGE.nds".

Once you have followed these steps. You will be able to use MoonShell 2 as your Media Player on the Center Button. You can also reset MoonShell 2 back to the main firmware.

I'm still trying to make YSMenu work on EDGE. Hope I'll be able to do that.

P.S.

Just one question, does EDGE has a direct boot feature? Boot .NDS directly on startup?

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TedJ said:
Thanks for the tip, Skanob!

I've got moonshell 2.05 running on my EDGE and couldn't be happier.
Me too - Thanks!

grog.gif
lecture.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for this skanob I've been trying to do this all day I pretty much destroyed all of the moonshl2 files trying to do it
rolleyes.gif
but you saved me from complete and utter insanity
evil.gif

thanks
yaynds.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a very minor glitch with the soft reset. If you're using EDGE 1.5, when you soft-reset from Moonshell, it causes the EDGE version number to read "EDGE 1.D".

Skanob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
DarkWay said:
thanks for this skanob I've been trying to do this all day I pretty much destroyed all of the moonshl2 files trying to do it
rolleyes.gif
but you saved me from complete and utter insanity
evil.gif

thanks
yaynds.gif

Good on ya mate!
yaynds.gif

Skanob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
YayMii said:
I found a very minor glitch with the soft reset. If you're using EDGE 1.5, when you soft-reset from Moonshell, it causes the EDGE version number to read "EDGE 1.D".

Nice find..
smileipb2.png

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
cool guide..im gonna use this..but i dont know why you would wanna get ysmenu working ont he edge..Its a nice clean OS. even if you could use moonshell 2 as a loader i wo uld still take the edge loader. Although i do love the moonshell2 loader on my TTDS because their OS just plain sucks..

thanks!

lifeware

Trophies
XP
Country
hi i was trying your guide skanob and my ds lite with edge can't seem to run properly, it says something about DLDI patching and reformating cards...

can you help me?

Skanob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lifeware said:
hi i was trying your guide skanob and my ds lite with edge can't seem to run properly, it says something about DLDI patching and reformating cards...

can you help me?

The guide is pretty much everything you need. I would suggest try reformatting your mmc using the panasonic sd formatter. Then follow the guide again. You do not need to dldi moonshell.

setya5785

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
you mean teh one from misctools ?
that's PC app.

just oen your image in moonshell2, it will automatically create a thumbnail and you can view it next time youbrowse the folder (just exit viewr and you can see the thumbnail now)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb