Homebrew Moonshell 2 customization?

k11bioz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't really like any skins that are out right now.
So my alternative is to use wallpapers, which is fine with me.

The only thing that bugs me is the fact that the time and date display on the top screen covers up my wallpaper...

Is there anyway to move that thing, or better yet get rid of it?

Please help me out here.. If I get this situation sorted out I'ma make sure to share my wallpapers.

k11bioz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arggg... making a whole new skins seems tiresome and hard.
Man I though I had to edit a configuration file to move the position of where the display would be.

P.S. Why wouldn't I care if the wallpaper is covered?
Come on man what is the whole point in SKINS?
(it is to make moonshell more appealing to the eye.)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well there isn't anything that I can remember that allows you to move around the time and date (although the calendar can move around o.0), but if your wallpapers are getting covered by the clock, why not just edit the picture (unless you delete the stuff after making a wallpaper, like I do).
Generally I feel the clock is fine, since I like having the time in one place anyways xD (Usually I think I make wallpapers that aren't interfered with the clock...but I would have to check all of them again to be sure).
If anything, you can go with Magmorph's idea (its not all that much work making a skin for moonshell2) or maybe you can ask the creator of the skin to make the clock transparent for you. (xD it never even occurred to me that I could have made the clock transparent in the first place).
Pretty much the only customizable things in moonshell 2 consist of the images and the color of the text/backgrounds. Well...those and the movable calendar.
Alternatively, you can wait for MENUdo like me and hopefully (it sounds like it can do stuff like that anyways) it is customizable like that.

k11bioz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust me I edited the image to invert the image.
But it kills the whole perspective.

Trust me in very much into art, so I take it to account.

Hopefully some skin creator would make the time/date display at least "transparent", that would be like the best idea EVER.

To be able to see the time/date and view that beautiful wallpaper.

As for Menudo, it seems light years away....

k11bioz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for offering to help.

But I am a very difficult person... not to be mean I think we have different opinions of visuals.
So it might be of a waste of time for you.

I did manage to get onto my cousins PC and extensively edit my wallpapers.

As a token of gratitude I will post a wallpaper for all to use on another thread.
PLEASE THANK JURASSICPLAYER.

This will be only be the beginning of a collection of wallpapers for Moonshell 2.
HOPEFULLY IT WILL BECOME STICKIED.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: