Gaming Monster Hunter Weapon Debate~

BrianSantos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Okay, first up! I like using Dual Swords. The Speed! The Aggression! The Demon Dance! Agility is the name of most, if not, all games - the one who can't be hit cannot lose.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I prefer Utility, being able to do almost anything and able to hit enemies from either close and long range, Too bad the GunBlade isn't a weapon in MH.

But I like the GunLance.

That weapon could have at least get a range attack IMO.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Agility is the name of most, if not, all games - the one who can't be hit cannot lose.
not speaking about monster hunter, but i don't fully agree in the second part, and certainly don't agree with the first part when you said "all games".

"the one who can't be hit cannot lose" but the one who can't hit, can't win either.
and because of that, even if you're fast, if you can't land a hit(if you're disabled e.g. stunned), or can't even budge the enemy(enemy has high defense, high hp).

sorry about the non-related post though. i'm out.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Dual swords are shit.(no offense) You cannot stop once you have started a dance which always gets me killed. And they are useless without stamina juices/mega juices.
My weapon was the greatsword until monster hunter freedom 2. I owned everything with my full rajang + diablos king blade.But after tri i got into gunlances.

Gunlances are the most underrated weapons and are always looked down upon by those fucking self proclaimed veterans.Its a common assumption that
gunlance= guard poke like a sissy.But i found them very challenging to use and i barely block.Its ALL about dodging trust me.Although they are much harder to use against monster like dokubureko. I prefer the ultimate noob tool (hammers) for large monster like doku/lagiacrus.

BrianSantos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Ok, I take no offense, and I yield to the fact that if I can't hit (Wah, short range of Duals!) I can't win.

My friends tell me to try the gunlance, but I still don't get how to use one. Still, the guard ability's pretty spiffy, and I like the Wyvern's Fire too, but the sharpness just plummets like crazy.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Ok, I take no offense, and I yield to the fact that if I can't hit (Wah, short range of Duals!) I can't win.

My friends tell me to try the gunlance, but I still don't get how to use one. Still, the guard ability's pretty spiffy, and I like the Wyvern's Fire too, but the sharpness just plummets like crazy.
wywern fire is shit as well. Trust me , its a little hard to get accustomed but its a blast if you master it. And never use wywern fire.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

wywern fire is shit as well. Trust me , its a little hard to get accustomed but its a blast if you master it. And never use wywern fire.
It's cooldown is quite long, but heck! just spam one at the beginning and spam another one in the end :P

BrianSantos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I'm kinda getting the hang of using a Gunlance (Ceanataur armor-aid, of course) but it's really, really, REALLY slow. I move at a turtle's pace compared to the Duals. Compared to the time I used a Long Sword, I like the LS more.

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Great Sword all the way! :D
I use bracchidios great sword to solo Guran-Miraosu & successfully cleared the quest.
I think the new explosive element in MH3G is too overpowered....

Off topic: So everyone is an admin now....LOL! Happy April Fools' Day! :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Dual Swords are great and easy to control but I find their DPS to be... lacking, at best. I switched to Long Swords and I don't think I'll look back to Duals unless I can craft some top tier ones - Long Swords are a good bridge between the agility of the Dual Swords and the bulk and DPS of the Great Swords. Good choice, but it takes a while to learn how to properly use them.

UNLIMITED COMBO FTW!

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
it depend on what you are fighting
and what weapon you are good with
and if you are in a group or not
so
sometimes it may be better to use long range
and
sometimes is may be better to use close range
is alway good to have a range eq set and close range set of eq

there is no true best weapon

Reactions: 2 people

BrianSantos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Duals are great with Reckless Abandon. If it does a lot of critical hits, the it makes up for the fact of having little damage, right?

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
group: bowgun/bow I like giving monster status aliments and then blowing their heads off when I put them to sleep (assuming no one wakes them up). solo: I usually switch between switch axe and long swords. Like the longsword for damage and speed and like the switch axe for the "greatsword" mode to have super armor and do a good amount of damage.

VenomTSH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I was Great Sword-ing through MHFU, but loving the Long Sword in Portable 3rd. Took a while to get used to the fact that I can't block, but upgraded Spirit Combo and the damage buff, with great power and decent maneuverability pretty much takes the cake for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.