Monster Hunter Tri Help with Hit-rate

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by XtremeCore, Jun 15, 2010.

Jun 15, 2010
  1. XtremeCore
    OP

Member XtremeCore GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi guys,

I'm new to Monster Hunter, and I decided to get Monster Hunter solely for the online play. However, I'm kinda annoyed with the no lock-on gameplay. I realised that I've spent half of the time slashing nothing. I took around 20 minutes to complete the 2nd quest (Hunting Jaggi), and I bet 15 minutes were wasted on slashing air.

As I'm too used to lock-ons in most rail-shooters/fps for Wii, without lock-ons for Monster Hunter is simply devastating for me. I wonder if there's any tips to increase your hit rate.

I've read guides but I simply don't understand it ... something about panning the camera and I believe the Junior in the game mentioned the same thing as well.

Can anyone care to explain about the panning camera stuff? Tried searching on YouTube but no luck findin' ...

Thanks a bunch!

2. kwanying

Newcomer kwanying Member

Thailand
    For me, I always turn the camera so you see the mob, and face it then press L (so the camera lock back behind your back). Keep doing that and you will get the hang of it. Its alot easier in Wii since you have the 2nd analog stick.

If you aren't using a classic controller pro get one. Cause with wii-mote + nunchuck its very hard to play.

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Have you tried reading the manual?

4. XtremeCore
    OP

Member XtremeCore GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yep i did. I know how to control the camera, but the problem is, i'm not sure which direction should I set my camera to so that it'll be easier to kill. I guess there's a trick about this?

5. kwanying

Newcomer kwanying Member

Thailand
    Yes get a classic controller, its not only easier its alot more fun with it.

6. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    yes I use classic controller, I find it better so I dont have to wave my hands around like a fool