Gaming Monster Hunter 3 Hype Thread!!

MaxDeUh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to install Darkcorp v1.0, but every time I try to run the program, I get an error saying, "Specified XML file not found". I tried to google the problem, no luck. Also, Darkcorp lets you play burned games straight from the disc channel. However, there's a Wii System Update waiting for me there if I do use it. How do I bypass that? I know loading the game through GeckoOS works, but every time I try to do that, it tells me there's no DVD found. I think I'm going to try to re-burn using the scrubbed version of the game.

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
reilina said:
i bought the game then use gecko os to skip to update but it ask for a wad update. so i install the game using Config USB loader (its 2.64gb) force ios222 viola it works cant go online though...

so there is no point in buying the game becasue you are going to have to burn the disc anyway, it's a waste of money.

QUOTE(sjeps @ Apr 17 2010, 11:39 AM) any news on a PAL release?

unfortunately, we just have to wait untill it gets released.

as for the game, i am waiting for a proper patch, i'm not messing up my wii by installing other cios as all my other games work fine right now, plus i would like to keep using config usb loader.

i move back and fort from my house to my dorm also i often bring this wii to my friends house to play dokapon kingdom/SSBB and other games. its less baggage for me. also i bought the bundle version (i need an extra Classic Controler).

also i dont know if it is really true my friend who bough the game with me said the it takes a while for the loading screen when you switch to one place to another.

the game it self doesnt need any patch. i played for an hour didnt give me any problems (IOS 222/223). my brother was playing it for more than 5 hours now. i can hear him playing it up until 4am this morning. the only thing i can think of why it wont work for other people is because of the scrub version (600mb or 800mb?).

for the game itself its not as extensive and massive like its counter part for psp (monster and weapon wise) which is really sad but there are other addition such as water environment and many more. so in short its a fun game but if compare with psp version this is nothing.

liljohnnydoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Has anybody got it working from a DVD backup? I have used Softchip R100 and 99 and when I try to launch it it just says that the requested IOS is 55 and when it is loading it I get an exception.

Thank you for your answers !

Jojounin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 3.2U, is it possible to make the game work using a DVD disc? if so, can anyone be kind enough to make a step-by-step guide?

Thanks in advance.

blackflag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So lame. I bought it to support them but it sounds like I might not even be able play it from the retail disk. Maybe I should cancel my order or is someone likely to fix it?

Berioth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
reilina said:
for the game itself its not as extensive and massive like its counter part for psp (monster and weapon wise) which is really sad but there are other addition such as water environment and many more. so in short its a fun game but if compare with psp version this is nothing.

they traded quantity for quality on this game, the monsters are much better than the psp ones in terms of difficult, rathian and rathalos got new moves, diene moran is a huge battle, alatrion has moves from basically any monster, Qurupeco can make another one come to help

the swimming is probably what took most space, considering that the psp version of 3 wont have swimming but it'll have more monsters(my guess is that the space swimming took was insane)

MaxDeUh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder...I have CIOScorp 1.0 downloaded, and since DarkCorp isn't working, should I try to uninstall CIOScorp 1.0? Or does it not matter?

Edit: Actually, that wasn't the problem at all. I never had any sort of CIOscorp installed.

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Berioth said:
reilina said:

they traded quantity for quality on this game, the monsters are much better than the psp ones in terms of difficult, rathian and rathalos got new moves, diene moran is a huge battle, alatrion has moves from basically any monster, Qurupeco can make another one come to help

the swimming is probably what took most space, considering that the psp version of 3 wont have swimming but it'll have more monsters(my guess is that the space swimming took was insane)

yea thats what im thinking too. my guess was the creator of MH wants the Wii version to have its own flavor, just by looking at the weapons/armor most are new and exclusive to Tri only 10%-5% of it is from old games. i hope the next MH Tri they expand the weapons/armors and stay exclusive to Wii (and so is the swimming environment).

QUOTE(Hezkore @ Apr 17 2010, 10:14 AM)
The game runs perfectly fine on IOS 249 just so everyone knows... here's proof: Linky

if this is true then i would conclude that the scrub version (800mb?) is the cause. like i said before my dump version (2.64) works with 222/223.

nozila

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i just loaded mh3. works fine on usb loader gx. but i cant see the online servers, or at least i dont see the online option.

nevermind, just notice arena play = online play.

Berioth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
nozila said:
i just loaded mh3. works fine on usb loader gx. but i cant see the online servers, or at least i dont see the online option.

arena play = split screen play, 2 local players

online play is the "city" choice, servers arent up yet btw

nozila

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh ok. thanks for the correction. since it isnt offically released yet, i didnt go to area play as i thought it was online. so online is within the game i assume?

either way great to play this on the big screen compared to its psp version
smile.gif

cyba89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hezkore said:
The game runs perfectly fine on IOS 249 just so everyone knows... here's proof: Linky

How do you got it to work with IOS249?
ohmy.gif

IOS222/223 doesn't seem to work for me now. I don't know why but I get a black screen when loading any game with IOS222/223.
frown.gif

grossmat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works pretty good using IOS 223 for me, but for some reason certain options in the options menu freeze the game up. Not like, a hard freeze, but I can't interface with the game any more. The cursor in the options screen still pulsates which is weird. This also happens if I enter the screen where you pick between the village and the online city.

This happened to anyone else?

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nozila said:

Woah, WOAH, WOAH...

So this works on GX???! You mean the HDD Usb loader gx right? No changes no nothing? Am I reading this right?
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @OctoAori20, probably fine