money hack

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Ergo_proxy_One, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Ergo_proxy_One
    OP

Ergo_proxy_One Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2008
    United States
    ehh, tired of waiting/asking for a money code for touch mechanic so im asking what do i need to do it msyelf? im not a total noob at small hacks like this....ive done it plenty of times on gba games..my problem is i was using a working emulator with a memory search function....no$gba wont even play TM...so how do i do this?

2. BlueFlame90

BlueFlame90 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Did you try to hack the save game?
    It should not be that hard, because i did that on other games. If you know a little hex it should be easy.

3. Ergo_proxy_One
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2008
    United States
    opening the .sav in hex workshop = fail

its almost all FF's.....and i cant seem to switch the data size , my money is 1604 which in hex owuld be 644 however it wont let me switch to a bigger data size and searching for 64 nets me nothing, im not good with hex

4. BlueFlame90

BlueFlame90 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2008
    Gambia, The
    you can try to save at the same place with different money and than compare the two files for differences.
    i don't know the game your playing but the information for money could be like: 00000644 (tryed 4 bytes?)
    but if you don't even find a 644 it could also be stored in a different way.
    Well i can only tell for sure if i would have the sav file and the game.
    Have you tried AR codes yet?

5. Ergo_proxy_One
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2008
    United States
    eh, so i managed to change the data size to 32bit and i got my money from 1604 to 3879

workshop = win, i = fail lol

however i need way more money than this, and now i cant get the data size over 4 chars, i want 999999 obviously....how do i get there? changing the data type again to 64 bit doesnt offer me a bigger hex value

there are no ar ds codes...which is why im in this situation lol

6. DarthNemesis

DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    Bytes are stored in Little Endian order, which means that a value of 0644 would be stored as 4406 in the save file if you search using the "Hex Values" option.

"270F" --> F27 --> 3879
    "0F27" --> 270F --> 9999

7. Ergo_proxy_One
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2008
    United States
    ah i got it!, thanks for the help everyone