Modify DS savegames through Ninjhax?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by jamieyello, Jan 10, 2015.

1. jamieyello
    OP

jamieyello Professional Dumbass

Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    Specifically gen IV-V Pokemon games. Does Ninjax have access to DS cartridges?

2. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    I don't think so. If it can't do 3DS, probably not DS.

3. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Unless you have the eShop version of Cubic Ninja, you can not do any kind of cart swapping, so this means no DS cartridges because you have to eject the Cubic Ninja game first. And we all know what will happen if you do that.

4. MRJPGames

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Depends on how smea's region free will work. If it allows for swapping cards it might work. Though unlikely.

5. NCDyson

NCDyson Hello Boys...

Nov 9, 2009
    United States
    Smea said he isn't working on region free anymore since gateway was releasing 9.2 support.

As was stated earlier, you'd either have to use the eshop version, or a .cia version in order to be able to swap the cards out.
    Then you'd have to figure out how to read/write the save files(it looks like it wouldn't be hard)

6. MRJPGames

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Even then what was smeas plan for the cardridge version. I think it should be able to work.

7. NCDyson

NCDyson Hello Boys...

Nov 9, 2009
    United States
    I believe he did say it was cart swapping, but the general rule of thumb with the people who have the skills to do things like this in the 3ds scene is, it's generally not at the top of their list if priorities.