Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

theman060606

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far so god but I am stuck at the beginning of step 12 in the 4.2 method. It says to go back to HBC and start Wad Manager. I don't have a Wad Manager in the list of HBC selections. I only have 1)DopIOS, 2)cIOS Installer, 3) cIOS 222/223 installer v4, 4) MIOS patcher. However, I have a WAD Manager 1.3 channel on my main system menu screen, but it does not give me the option of selecting ios249 or NAND options when it starts.

Edit: something's awry here. In order to complete step 12 the "IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad" file needs to be on the SD card and it isn't. In fact, I don't see this file anywhere in the newmod archive file either. What am I missing?

Thanks.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
theman060606 said:
So far so god but I am stuck at the beginning of step 12 in the 4.2 method. It says to go back to HBC and start Wad Manager. I don't have a Wad Manager in the list of HBC selections. I only have 1)DopIOS, 2)cIOS Installer, 3) cIOS 222/223 installer v4, 4) MIOS patcher. However, I have a WAD Manager 1.3 channel on my main system menu screen, but it does not give me the option of selecting ios249 or NAND options when it starts.

Edit: something's awry here. In order to complete step 12 the "IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad" file needs to be on the SD card and it isn't. In fact, I don't see this file anywhere in the newmod archive file either. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Email the account for the newmod file again, i think its gotten updated in the past couple days. I'm pretty sure Wad manager 1.3 will work for your purposes (just plus and minus to choose install and uninstall respectively). But wad manager 1.5 should be easy enough to find... google is your friend
biggrin.gif
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=download+WAD+Manager+1.5+wiihacks

ftp21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello for my error i've update to 4.2

Now with this guide i install bootmii hbc e dvdx

But when i want start cboot2 and wad manager my WII reboot (is normal) and the cd blue light flash and the tv scren is black

anyone can help me?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Budweiser said:
after reading this .....

" This is the log of the r763 by lustar
The mload/ehcmodule update is now complete, thanks to dimok. You need to update Hermes cIOS 222/223 to v4 if you use it because it works the same as in uloader, only v4 is supported. You may have to delete your main configuration file before updating if you had v3 installed. For some games, you will have to use 222 instead of 223 (RB instruments, GH 5) if you had 222 v3. If you think you need an external ehcmodule.elf, you can put it in SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ and it will be loaded. Fixed crash when setting a custom path using the folder button (issue 864). Fixed black screen when starting the loader from HBC a long time after powering the Wii and the HDD went to sleep (tested on a WD 2,5") (possible fix for issue 881). "

I have used the guide here recently , and everything was great till i updated the gxloader with the wifi

How do I update cIOS to version 4 / or do i need it?
Do I need an external ehcmodule.elf ? ...Bud
this has version four of cIOS installer

QUOTE(ydhuldhoya @ Oct 7 2009, 04:40 AM) hi, I've recently purchased a pre-hacked Korean wii that allows me to play backup disks. It's currently on 4.0U. However, the HBC is on 1.01 and I'm unable to upgrade to 1.05 as hackmii quits with "no vulnerable IOS" error. Also, there is no WAD manager installed, and the HBC is absolutely empty. The shopping channel also is absolutely empty. This leads me to think that I should upgrade the system, maybe to 4.1U. My question is, which guide should I follow for upgrading? Can I follow this guide, or do I need to remove the cioscorp-like mod first before following this guide? Any guidance is really appreciated. Thank you.

Yogesh.
im not going to tell you what to do with a korean wii, sorry man.

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
followed the guide here everything was great , the yesterday hit the wifi update to the gx usb loader
now I have nothing but problems , tried to delete the loader and config files from sd card and reinstalled the version i used to use .Now i have games that just boot to black screen , i tried changing ios's but no help ,

Please help me fix this problem , or reverse the damage i have done ....thanks Bud

update: finally got one of the black screen games to boot with ios23 , wish i would of never updated the gx loader ..

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Budweiser said:
followed the guide here everything was great , the yesterday hit the wifi update to the gx usb loader
now I have nothing but problems , tried to delete the loader and config files from sd card and reinstalled the version i used to use .Now i have games that just boot to black screen , i tried changing ios's but no help ,

Please help me fix this problem , or reverse the damage i have done ....thanks Bud

update: finally got one of the black screen games to boot with ios23 , wish i would of never updated the gx loader ..
http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/revisions
get an older one

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
Budweiser said:

get an older one

I did go back to the one i used before and deleted the config from my sd card and I still have the problem , before all my games loaded from 249 now some dont boot at all (black screen)...

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Budweiser said:
xzxero said:
Budweiser said:

get an older one

I did go back to the one i used before and deleted the config from my sd card and I still have the problem , before all my games loaded from 249 now some dont boot at all (black screen)...
reinstall your cIOS.

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
Budweiser said:
xzxero said:
Budweiser said:

get an older one

reinstall your cIOS.

Thanks for thefast reply ,
please excuse my ignorance but how do I do this ?
and wich cIOS do I reinstall 249?
Thanks again Bud

bigganum

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi

Very clean and straight forward guide.
However i've run into abit of a problem.
I've followed your guide and everything went good until now.
I'm at the point where im about to install cIOS38 rev14.

The problem i'm having is that i cant navigate at all. Until this point I have been using a gamecube controller, although it doesn't work in this section it seems. I'm running at firmware 3.4E at the moment.

I can't use the wiimote due to it doesnt seem to be able to sync in HBC. I've had alot of sync problems in the past(Losing sync when starting games/channels)

Is there any way I can workaround this?
It would be greatly appriciated.

Kind regards //Big

felixjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
xzxero said:
felixjoe said:
Hi, Thanks very much for the step by step guide.
I'm now experiencing a problem for 4.2 method.
After load up cIOS Installer 2.0, during the installation, right before the "finishing installation .....", I got a line of errer saying "Installing Custom IOS, please wait... >>> Install ERROR! (ref - =1035)
And if I carry on to the next step, when I try to load "DOP-IOS" from HBC, it freezes and gives me a black screen.

Have you experience such problem before? Any solution?
you didnt uninstall the IOS's in step 6.

Oh, I misread it as "install". How dumb am I!
Now I try to uninstall it, it appears error "ret=-1017
What can I do now?

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country
theman060606 said:

Thanks.

Yep, I have the same problem. Helps please.

chief_GB

Trophies
XP
Country
step 14 (cios installer on ios 249) tries to download data from internet, is there another way or is it not essential im following the 4.2 guide btw, as im not connected on wifi

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
4ppleseed said:
theman060606 said:

Thanks.

Yep, I have the same problem. Helps please.

redownload the file by emailing again.

QUOTE(chief_GB @ Oct 7 2009, 03:49 PM)
step 14 (cios installer on ios 249) tries to download data from internet, is there another way or is it not essential im following the 4.2 guide btw, as im not connected on wifi
press right to make it a WAD install

megavoxpt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
probably a stupid question but... does it has to be a gc controller? cant i just but a normal wii one? THE CLASSICAL nintendo one?

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just updated from 3.3 to 4.2 using the safe 4.2 updater. Everything seemed to update fine, usb loader gx works fine but when i insert a backup in the wii and when the wii boots up it always gives me "system files are corrupt". What do i have to do to fix this error?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :sad:,:rofl2:, and:hrth::toot::hrth: at the same time. @SylverReZ
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ i did know that actually
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: the Sonys and stuff I don't care about