Question Modding Xenoverse 2 for Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by DustinDMS, Aug 12, 2018.

1. DustinDMS
    OP

DustinDMS Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    United States
    My PC can't handle Xenoverse 2 so I only play it on console. I picked it up for Switch about one and a half weeks ago and have already beaten all of the things to do in single player, so I'm trying online ranked matches now. I recently saw an interesting conversation on how to mod Xenoverse 2 for Switch by Kalisto. I love looking at XV2 mods and have always wanted to use them, but of course I can't because of my PC. Could somebody send me a video tutorial or walk me through a tutorial that's really in depth because I have no idea how to do this stuff. Thanks!

Shiro_Senpai likes this.
  2. LightOffPro

LightOffPro ユキオクン

Jun 10, 2016
    Portugal
    In Papa Rei's closet.
  3. DustinDMS
    OP

DustinDMS Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    United States
    BTW, I own a physical copy. Not a digital.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Shiro_Senpai likes this.
  4. Shiro_Senpai

Shiro_Senpai GBAtemp Regular

Apr 1, 2017
    Canada
    Kalf2112 likes this.
  5. DustinDMS
    OP

DustinDMS Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    United States
    Oh! Thank you! Is the data1.cpk file the ROMFS file that you need? You gave it to me so that I don't have to extract the ROMFS files, right?

6. Shiro_Senpai

Apr 1, 2017
    Canada
  7. DustinDMS
    OP

DustinDMS Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    United States
    Oh nice! I have Botw so I'll check that out. Will my account get banned for using mods? Should I just refrain from using online multiplayer when on Xenoverse?

8. Shiro_Senpai

Apr 1, 2017
    Canada
    Using Layeredfs and going online will get you banned. Go on airplane mode and Pray you don't get a error.

9. DustinDMS
    OP

DustinDMS Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    United States
    Lmao, thanks. I'll let you know if I have any questions or run into any problems.

10. Shiro_Senpai

Apr 1, 2017
    Canada
    Also that cpk has a few mods. ssj5 goku on ssj4 goku. Regular goku black has ssjr wig, Some of the girls are nude in certain outfits. Ssgss broly on broly, pretty Aura effects, Gohan black, Ssj4 bardock, and more.

11. DustinDMS
    OP

DustinDMS Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    United States
    Oh wow! Thanks. Those mods sound awesome.

Shiro_Senpai likes this.
  12. Gameboy Color

Gameboy Color Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2012
    United States
  13. Shiro_Senpai

Apr 1, 2017
    Canada
    Yeah make sure to put it in atmosphere or sx /titles/ [Xenoverse 2 title Id folder]
    It's stupid simple.

Gameboy Color likes this.
  14. Gameboy Color

Gameboy Color Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2012
    United States
  15. Shiro_Senpai

Apr 1, 2017
    Canada
    Hmm maybe if it's not in .x2m format.
    Use the tools from the thread I pasted. It can unpack the cpk file and try adding it in there properly then pack it again. It should be simple.

Gameboy Color likes this.
  16. supermariorick

supermariorick GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2010
    United States
    I had to unpack the base game + the game update for the updated romfs in order to have the updated 600 mb data2.cpk file with the latest game files then unpacked it with CriPakTools. Then I grabbed the latest build of xv2 lib tools with the all in shop patch tool (not the gui version which doesnt work) and all the other tools like the cus editor and the idb editor and used them with the updated game files to make compatible edited game files for the Switch edition with the latest game updates. Then I had to repack it into a modified 600 mb data2.cpk file. As long as you have the latest game update installed this is the only way to make mods work and anything else will freeze the game. The only reason those repacked data1.cpk files work otherwise is because of people having the base game without any updates installed which is like having version 1.07 of Xenoverse 2. Most mods from the PC version are incompatible with the latest Switch version and have to be opened with the various editors made by eternity and mugenattack and the changes extracted and reused for the updated Switch version files in order to work properly. I have attempted (with backups set aside in case of issues) using PC version mods (x2m) by extracting x2m like a zip file and overwriting the same files in the data folder and repacking into data2.cpk; however this has failed me so far with the latest game update installed. Mods I have edited myself have completely worked though. I have used the all in shop patch successfully and have even managed to get unreleased outfits and all the mentor gifts in the shop and even Ultra Instinct Goku's super soul in the shop and equippable. And with some help from a PC modder I have successfully made a custom god mode super soul. All of this works on a legit copy with the latest game update and all of the DLC installed using LayeredFS. Hopefully more mods can be made to work.

17. Shiro_Senpai

Apr 1, 2017
    Canada
    Omg that's excellent. I sent you a dm.

18. Gameboy Color
    This message by Gameboy Color has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 12, 2018, Reason: Requested.
    Aug 14, 2018
  19. Burorī

Burorī Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    Can you make a video Tutorial ?

20. supermariorick

supermariorick GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2010
    United States
    nope. someone else will have to learn how to do what I did and make it. I don't have the resources nor do I really have the interest. I already shared what I could and will.

21. Burorī

Burorī Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    Actually I tried modding the game before even seeing the thread but as a dumbass I put the mods into the data.cpk instead of the data1.cpk