Hacking Modding/Patching files in Vita Games

KuraiSin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I soon plan on buying myself a Vita and was wondering if there is currently anyway to patch certain files in Vita games. Thing is im a fan of JRPGs and the like, but sometimes when a game from overseas comes over things besides the language gets changed. Things like changing to english voice actors (some are good some are bad, but when its bad it makes the game less enjoyable for me) events, scenes, pictures get altered or removed cause they were deemed inappropriate for whatever reason etc.

Yes i do plan on buying and owning a legit copy of the games im after but if i want to patch the game to remove some simpler changes to things like voices and pictures is it possible?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
That would require the ability to actually modify Vita game files, as well as then having the ability to put those files back and not only have them recognized, but have them function as they should. Needless to say, we're not really to Vita hacking yet.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I soon plan on buying myself a Vita and was wondering if there is currently anyway to patch certain files in Vita games. Thing is im a fan of JRPGs and the like, but sometimes when a game from overseas comes over things besides the language gets changed. Things like changing to english voice actors (some are good some are bad, but when its bad it makes the game less enjoyable for me) events, scenes, pictures get altered or removed cause they were deemed inappropriate for whatever reason etc.

Yes i do plan on buying and owning a legit copy of the games im after but if i want to patch the game to remove some simpler changes to things like voices and pictures is it possible?

It's not possible yet as Nathan Drake told you above. May I ask what games you want to modify though? Now I can't speak for games like the Atelier series, but Persona 4 The Golden has a really good dub for instance.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No. And no one knows when something like that will be possible. You can import the games though considering the PS Vita is sort of region free.

KuraiSin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright thx guys, guess ill just have to bear with some of it. As for what games i plan on getting Persona 4 Golden (its actually the main reason why im getting a Vita in the 1st place) the Disgaea series from PSN, theres a few other games im still debating on buying and future releases on my list. Whether I wanted to mod them or not depends on what changed and whether its a bad or good change for me. Good to know that P4 Golden got some good dubs though.

Btw do all PSP games eventually make it onto the PSN store? If not do the ones that dont make it all that notable? Also am I able to buy JP games off the PSN?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You'll need a JP PSN account in order to download JP games. Switching accounts is a giant pain in the ass, so if you absolutely need to do it follow this tutorial: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35703#p314269

It's the least hassle-free way to do it.

As for PSP games, they're mostly all of the popular titles from the PSP library (at least, on the US PSN).

Here's a thread from CheapAssGamer that lists all of the PSP games that can be played on the Vita:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/281768-complete-list-of-pspminispsone-games-playable-on-vita/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land