Hacking Modding my and other wii's

toonbetsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, i'm going to mod my wii, ik put a lot of time in reading things i need to know. from ciosrevisions to backuploaders and cioscorp and softmii. From what i understand, the best way to safely mod multiple wii's(have a lot of friends with wii's) is to install one of the ciosrev's and then use a loader, with then the only problem being some games(ala house of the dead 2) won't play.

Only thing i was asking myself, is there just one tutorial, that will have me and the other wii's(maybe there's even a boot2v4 amongst them, so i want to go with one and the same method for all the wii's) modded, and possibly even updated to 4.0 or 4.1?
does someone have a nice guide, i can use in all cases whatever wii from my school comes to me.
don't worry bout the files, i can get them, i just need a nice"WII SAFE" guide.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
toonbetsy said:
does someone have a nice guide, i can use in all cases whatever wii from my school comes to me.
Bannerbomb + hackmii installer + cIOS u like and Trucha Bug Restorer

That's all you need and i think it's safe.
If you look around you find enough tutorials here about this tools.

One of them is the ULTIMATE System Menu:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

toonbetsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'm reading the tut at the moment, it looks safe, but why is it not useble on boot2v4 wii's?

this is a quote from the first text in the tut.

There are two methods described in this guide. Online and completely Offline installations. The Online installation is the safer method. They should both work on ANY Wii besides LU64+. You only need to use one guide, they both do the same thing. Please read the entire thread including FAQ before asking a question.

a little further in the post says

This package contains instructions on how to acquire the necessary files from Nintendo to do an offline update
This package will work on ANY Wii! Virgin or Nintendo Official Updated without cios!!

so it's a little bothering, why cant i use this guide on boot2v4 wii's ? and is there a guide like this that works on boot2v4 wii's?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just do what's in my sig
smile.gif

toonbetsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, first of all i would like to thank the wii scene that is around here for all the apps that made wii modding possible this easy.

i used to formentioned guide, and did 6 installs allready, one online(the first) and the rest offline. did use the automated cioscorp installer, and the wanins wad installer to automate the process a bit more.

the only question that remains.

How to mod a boot2v4 (aka lu64) wii.
i saw the sigh from walker of the day, and the only thing i didn't get is where to use the cios wads that i should do in 3, and what wads there talking about.

coz, do you mean the wad i need for the ciosrev installation? or wads i got from the offline installation from the ultimate wii 4.1 guide.(guessing for the ciosrev installation).

any help would be appreciated

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
toonbetsy said:
Wow, first of all i would like to thank the wii scene that is around here for all the apps that made wii modding possible this easy.

i used to formentioned guide, and did 6 installs allready, one online(the first) and the rest offline. did use the automated cioscorp installer, and the wanins wad installer to automate the process a bit more.

the only question that remains.

How to mod a boot2v4 (aka lu64) wii.
i saw the sigh from walker of the day, and the only thing i didn't get is where to use the cios wads that i should do in 3, and what wads there talking about.

coz, do you mean the wad i need for the ciosrev installation? or wads i got from the offline installation from the ultimate wii 4.1 guide.(guessing for the ciosrev installation).

any help would be appreciated

I think those are just meant for Wii's that don't have internet. Then you would get the wad's of the IOS's that the TBR and the cIOS installer need to do their things instead of having them both just download them through the Wii.

The reason that ULTIMATE guide isn't safe on boot2v4 Wii's is simply because of the unnecessary steps in the online guide of running IOS downgrader and cIOS downgrader to downgrade to 3.2 You cannot do that on a boot2v4 Wii.

This guide will work on any Wii as is with the online method as well. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.