xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yea some questions and problems are totally legit, how else will anyone learn?
i learned by questioning and modding on my own wii as well

but im saying sadly there are people who stumble upon for example my guide, and all of a sudden they are hack masters.

i mean, yea you can successfully hack a wii, but you have no idea how or why it works, which just as dangerous IMO as trying it yourself.

People like that should definitely not be modding anyone's wii, price tagged or not.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I charge as well but only once like if they screw their wii or get rrod on 360 i do it for free if they buy another
system etc... but only time i charge again is if on a 360 they want an x-clamp fix i charge 35 dollars as a temp
repair if they wanna go that rout....

But on holidays i cut my prices in half if that is what your asking....

I also tell people about the risk on live b4 a 360 is done as well........

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
yea some questions and problems are totally legit, how else will anyone learn?
i learned by questioning and modding on my own wii as well

but im saying sadly there are people who stumble upon for example my guide, and all of a sudden they are hack masters.

i mean, yea you can successfully hack a wii, but you have no idea how or why it works, which just as dangerous IMO as trying it yourself.

People like that should definitely not be modding anyone's wii, price tagged or not.

yah i agree here noobz thinking cause they find some gui interface or one click shortkut kit that theyre the shit
in modding something but when something goes wrong and they have 2 do unbrick or reverse something step
by step and can't do it they check around and try to get help from someone who's not a NOOB puttin on a show
to help them which is where i must say I charge a fee then kinda laugh in the back of my mind.....

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it me or should we come up with some orginization for wii modders? lol
tongue.gif

the byter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The scene doesn't charge for access, people shouldn't charge for it, IMO.

You take on personal risk if money changes hands, at least in the US. At one point (decades ago) I used to accept (optional) donations for my BBS, I ended that practice after some other systems got pinched with criminal charges for selling access to information and files of an illegal nature.

Kevin578

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who would pay to softmod a wii? there's so many free guides around and wii homebrew has relatively frequent updates so sooner or later, you'll have to learn how to do it yourself. you don't even need to open the wii. soldering a modchip to a wii or flashing an xbox360 are advanced enough that some people could choose to mod a system for a fee imo

Dj_Qbert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have only modded my friends wii's(free). I agree that it should all be a free but some people are lazy. If you have to go out of your way and use your time then compensation should be fair. To each their own I guess.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pcmanrules said:
Ive just started sell flashcards myself, haven't got to wii's yet. If the customer is willing to pay to avoid the risk then sure I would be happy to do it. I'll get a wii myself before I start though!

With my very "humble" operation I wouldnt even dare start to sell flash cards
tongue.gif
How does one even pull something like that off?

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just hack people's stuff (ps2/wii) for free. Games I charge for the blank DVD, since those can get expensive. Other than that, I find it stupid to charge people for things it takes a few mins to do, and that they could just as easily do themselves.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Sorry, I already pushed an old lady down the stairs and stole her money today. I don't think I can swindle people out of their money until at least Saturday.

Modding for profit is just stupid. It's no better than the scammers who just take Bannerbomb and the Hackmii Installer and bundle them together and sell them to people. Most people who are literate can at least do an incredibly basic hack of their Wii (HBC, DVDx, BootMii). Most of those people can then do a satisfying hack (backup game launching, etc). And a small amount of those people can do bigger hacks (custom system menus, etc). Selling services for something you can simply do easily by yourself with tons of clear-cut guides here is poor business ethics. I've offered to hack peoples systems for free, mainly because they're friends and family and I'd enjoy playing more games with them or because I'm a nice guy. I think around Christmas time my dad finally broke down and asked me to hack his Wii.
Hardmod > Softmod. Hardmod is something not everyone can do.

pcmanrules

Trophies
Website
pcmanrules.geek.nz
XP
Country
New Zealand
LightyKD said:
pcmanrules said:
Ive just started sell flashcards myself, haven't got to wii's yet. If the customer is willing to pay to avoid the risk then sure I would be happy to do it. I'll get a wii myself before I start though!

tongue.gif
There's lots of demand down here in New Zealand and people are willing to pay a high premium to get it locally. Currently i sell M3i Zero's and have just ordered my first batch of Acekard 2i's. Personally i would have thought of modding for profit to come later on. Sales are booming here atm.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pcmanrules said:
LightyKD said:
pcmanrules said:

tongue.gif
There's lots of demand down here in New Zealand and people are willing to pay a high premium to get it locally. Currently i sell M3i Zero's and have just ordered my first batch of Acekard 2i's. Personally i would have thought of modding for profit to come later on. Sales are booming here atm.

Congrats
biggrin.gif
Now if there was something you can do to provide your customers with more "Power Rangers" content?
wink.gif
Shame that the country it's filmed in is the only country that doesnt show it lol. Im just being a goof
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: