PS1/2 Modding a PS2 with a broken lens...

Hobosam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All!

I have an old PS2 (phat) SCPH-50004 model that I wish to mod.
The lens in the console is broken so I'm not sure if this is going to be a problem because I wish to run my games off a harddrive.
How would I go about modding my console so that I can do this?

I am willing to purchase a PS2 Modbo760 V1-V16 ModChip (only one available to me right now) if this would help.
I'm trying to avoid having to replace the lens if I am able to play my games of a harddrive.
IF I do have to replace the lens which lens would I need to buy? I prefer buying the parts myself and getting someone else to install it because it works out A LOT cheaper.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well unsure about this but I heard it's possible to use a pc to do
It but you'll need a ps3 men card adaptor I havn't tried itmyself.

Devin make sure to install everything for him I dunno how you missed it but you missed esr and elflauncher on mine. I'm not blaming you either as a human we are flawed and a simple mistake like that is common. I'm gonna try to reinstall it myself using this method I heard the the 007 method

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkShinigami said:

Devin make sure to install everything for him I dunno how you missed it but you missed esr and elflauncher on mine. I'm not blaming you either as a human we are flawed and a simple mistake like that is common. I'm gonna try to reinstall it myself using this method I heard the the 007 method

Yeah, sorry about that. I forgot to give you my config file as well. If you want me to fix it I will, but if you can do it yourself even better.

(At OP, I don't charge either.)

Hobosam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would prefer to do it myself, are there any guides or tutorials?
Also, is there anywhere that I can find out what lens I would need for my ps2?

Hobosam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have a memcard and flash drive to use but no disks will work as my lens is shot. Anything I can do to still mod my ps2?

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hobosam said:
Okay so I have a memcard and flash drive to use but no disks will work as my lens is shot. Anything I can do to still mod my ps2?
You can use a PS3-PS2 memory card adapter and a windows PC or just send the memory card to someone who offers to install it for you
wink.gif

The method for the adapter is not in the guide because its fairly new (june 2011) but I assure you it works(I have tested it).

Hobosam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I can get an adaptor, can anyone tell me how exactly to mod my ps2 using just the memcard adaptor? I appreciate the help, thanks!

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
DarkShinigami said:

Yeah, sorry about that. I forgot to give you my config file as well. If you want me to fix it I will, but if you can do it yourself even better.

(At OP, I don't charge either.)
I'm gonna try using ps3 adaptor method I heard of if it don't work I'll send it ur way again

At op here's the link to the site I heard about it from.http://jailbreakscene.com/main/2011/06/free-mc-boot-install-with-ps3-memory-card-adapter-cechzm1/. There is a program to install. Pretty sure the site don't host roms

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hobosam said:
I'll appreciate that.
So this method ONLY uses the memory card?
It only install an exploit on the memory card. Nothing is changed within your ps2 and you can still use the memory card normally. It just candy candy + candy .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh