Modded n3ds c-stick issue (psp cap)

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mironicurse, Sep 17, 2016.

1. mironicurse
    OP

mironicurse GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2015
    Russia
    I made a common mod by replacing c-stick rubber top on n3ds and replace it with psp stick cap. It worked great until today. In calibration screen it can't properly return to center. If I push stick upRight of downLeft long enough, center position is changing, some games are unplayable due to this.
    I tried to pour drop of alcohol under the stick, but it didn't do anything.
    And i can't remove that cap cause I superglued it solid. Any advice?

2. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i'm not sure, but i'd guess you'd need to replace the whole c-stick part of the console.

i guess by removing the original rubber, you also allowed for dirt, dust and grime to get into the console. something might be smeared or broken now.
    as for the super glue, check what glue you used and google what would be used as a solvent for it.

i think there's some people who do c-stick replacements on here too. (you cant send it to nintendo because that cstick mod pretty much breaks warranty)

for everyone else whos unhappy with your csticks, its usually enough to get a bunch of those self-adhesive velcro dots https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00168A18Q/ref=twister_B00WK8OLRS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    use a hole punch to get c-stick sized pieces of the fuzzy stuff and put that on the cstick.

it gives it better grip without hurting the warranty. and you can replace them every few weeks if you feel like its getting slippery or dirty.

Last edited by Clydefrosch, Sep 17, 2016