Hacking Modchipped Wii 4.3

Finwen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys, here's the situation. I sold my Wii for a friend a year ago, and it's modchipped, in firmware 4.3. I bought the Skyward Sword bundle, and I will borrow his Wii so I can play it. Question is, does Zelda SS asks for a firmware update? On 4.3, without any kind of loaders, will I be able to run it without the risk of bricking the console?

Thanks in advance.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyward Sword, like any newer game, contains the latest 4.3 update with all the latest IOS files. Depending on what IOS/cIOS files you have installed, you might be prompted for an update. There is very little risk of it actually bricking the console. Worst case scenario, your cIOS files (if you have any) get stubbed and you have to reinstall them.

Finwen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Skyward Sword, like any newer game, contains the latest 4.3 update with all the latest IOS files. Depending on what IOS/cIOS files you have installed, you might be prompted for an update. There is very little risk of it actually bricking the console. Worst case scenario, your cIOS files (if you have any) get stubbed and you have to reinstall them.

Oh, I see. And if I start up the game, it ASKS for an update, right? Or does it start automatically? Can I turn off the Wii during the process?

Thank you again.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I see. And if I start up the game, it ASKS for an update, right? Or does it start automatically? Can I turn off the Wii during the process?
It will ask if you want to update. I highly recommend you install Priiloader and block disc updates and online updates.

Finwen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It will ask if you want to update. I highly recommend you install Priiloader and block disc updates and online updates.

Nah, I will just try to load the game without homebrew. Since it asks for the update, there`s no problem in turning it off. I don`t know if my friend will let me install homebrew or loaders on it (don`t even ask me).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I will just try to load the game without homebrew. Since it asks for the update, there`s no problem in turning it off. I don`t know if my friend will let me install homebrew or loaders on it (don`t even ask me).
Without Priiloader blocking update prompts, you will be unable to play Skyward Sword until you accept the update (if it prompts you).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/AjP7B2QFB9E?si=5qT8Ov9brYiIhoGi