modchipfactory problem?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by snake218, Sep 4, 2014.

1. snake218
    OP

snake218 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2010
    United States
    I will copy my message from anohter thread:

I placed an order from MODCHIPFACTORY (http://www.modchipfactory.com/) on 1 sept. I asked 2 days earlier of placing order, if they can ship to central america, they said no problem. Today i see my order status is refund, and received and email from seller saying "we just change a shipping agent yesterday..."we can't ship right now...blah blah

Very suspicious they waited until order was placed, i am waiting for my refund, or will put a claim with my Credit Card company (VISA).

Now today i check, and website is down (http://www.modchipfactory.com/) tried to contact seller and it seems email its not longer woking!!!

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<sales@modchipfactory.com>:
    No MX or A records for modchipfactory.com

So what should i do? anyone else order from them in the few past days and had problems???

2. NCDyson

NCDyson Hello Boys...

Nov 9, 2009
    United States
    their host could be down, or migrating servers. wait a couple of days and see if it doesn't come back up, if it doesn't then you should think about freaking out.

3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Wait for your refund before you call "scam". modchipfactory has been around for quite a while from what I remember and perhaps they did change their shipping agent. Their website is indeed down, I'm seeing a 503, which means that the server is temporarily down. Contating them right now won't yeild results, try again in a day or two.

4. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
  5. PhoenixWrightX

PhoenixWrightX GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2014
    United States
    So they scammed you by cancelling your order and giving you a refund?

Interesting.

6. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    Did you get a refund? Aren't they official gateway distributor?

7. snake218
    OP

snake218 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2010
    United States
    Just saying, its like "If there are too many coincidences then it's not a coincidence".... never had a similar problem before when buying online (and i buy often). What about if site was hacked and Credit card info compromised? And no refund yet, seller say when asked (before site and email went down) that it may take like 2 weeks to complete.

8. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    Well I've ordered a dstwo from them before and had no problems and I'm pretty sure that people have said good things about them. We can only hope for the best

9. nyder

nyder GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2014
    United States
    Their website is working for me.