Hacking Modchip

copy_zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am thinking of getting one (I'm tired of switching between the freeloader and the other region discs, besides, now I can't even update the wii because the FL will stop working), so I would like to know which one has these in a nice balance:

-is the safest to install
-the cheapest
-best compatibility
-easiest to update
-and the one that doesn't need a programmer

also, should I use a wiiclip or wlip(or whatever it is called) if it is available?

I know there must be a topic with the comparison between them, but its better to ask those who have one than checking it without any knowledge of it

thanks in advance

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of drive does your console have?

If you don't know, you can either open your Wii or plug your serial number into the website that lists which serial number leads to which drive.

If you have a D2B or earlier, go with a Wiikey + Wiiclip (soldered on if necessary). Good places to order from are ozmodchips.com or modchipcentral.com. If you don't have a Wiikey compatible console, there's other solutions (I think it's called a D2Pro?) but I never had to read about them, so someone else will give you better advice.

Any commercial modchip with a Wiiclip should be easy enough to install and update.

copy_zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thanks. since mine is a D2A, a wiikey can be used. now, when you install a wiiclip on the wii, is glued? soldered? that's the only thing I need to know

copy_zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it might be better to use it soldered on the wii, but I don't have neither the skill nor the tools to solder it, so if I can do it without soldering, the better

fly_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For your D2A drive:

- Get a WiiKey and solder it to the DVD drive, there are plenty of video tutorial on Youtube.
- If you dont know how to solder, or cannot find any professional to help, then buy a Wiiclip (pre-solder ur Wiikey on it). IIRC the Wiiclip v3 is solderless, means you just open the DVD drive and stick it on. But ofcouse, the Wiiclip v3 is cost more than 30 bucks itself.

copy_zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
fly_us said:
For your D2A drive:

- Get a WiiKey and solder it to the DVD drive, there are plenty of video tutorial on Youtube.
- If you dont know how to solder, or cannot find any professional to help, then buy a Wiiclip (pre-solder ur Wiikey on it). IIRC the Wiiclip v3 is solderless, means you just open the DVD drive and stick it on. But ofcouse, the Wiiclip v3 is cost more than 30 bucks itself.

I would rather pay more and have it done safely than having the wii turn into a white, useless piece of junk

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
copy_zero said:
I would rather pay more and have it done safely than having the wii turn into a white, useless piece of junk

If you can, pay for a soldered install. Wii clips are truly a last resort, and can be unreliable.

fabulo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
Do not use the Wii clip or similar unless you have no chance of getting the chip soldered.

yes, if u r an expert, then no need for the clip. but for easier install, the clip helps.

siggy2guitar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get cyclowiz, its the only chip that hasnt screwed up once yet, and its very inexpensive if you just buy the v1 and upgrade it by disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a