Mod Chip help for banner brick

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Adeline, Aug 23, 2009.

Aug 23, 2009
  1. Adeline

Newcomer Adeline Newbie

Aug 23, 2009
    Hey guys, this is my first post because i can't figure out what to do!

Alright so i have a wii on 4.0 which at one point had the twilight hack on it (not sure if it still does) and is USA
    it is now banner brick from trying to install preloader [​IMG] forgot i updated to 4.0 when i tried to install...gah

so i had it modded with pretty much just homebrew channel, and like dvdx but nothing big.

Now i believe i updated to 4.0 with wanakos updater, but im not sure. I'm guessing not because i didn't have preloader or bootmii on when this happened.

Funny since it was preloader that bricked it.

So is one of 2 possible :

1 : Is there anyway to get back? without a modchip. From what i've looked up, you can't autoboot on 4.0? i dunno, but if so can i just make an iso of like a wadmanager to load? or put an autoboot script in the code?

2 : if thats not possible, what modchips are there that will let me autoboot to fix this? the only one i found was drivekey, which is solder less
    but is kinda exspensive, any cheaper ones that will let me fix? i don't care about what i can do with it afterward, i just want to recover, because i prefer to do it by software over with a chip doing everything for me.

p.s. i'd rather the chip be solder less if it comes to that!