Hardware Mod a PSVita Nyko Dock.

Raibakuoh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone, I hope you can help me to decide and choose what to do here.

Found a PS Vita Nyko speaker charge-base for $20 bucks, so I assume it could be used as a dock for stream the PSVita screen to the PC.

The thing is, it acts just like a charger, you put the console and it just charges, can't access PSVita on file explorer or make UDCD-Usb work, the dock uses the same port as Fat PSVita to charge the console and power it's own led and speakers. (On a side note don't know if mine it's faulty or I don't know how to use it, but I can't hear anything using just the Vita connector, it has a 3.5mm jack port, using it the Speakers works with the vita or my cellphone, but you can't dock the vita with the 3.5 jack on it...).
So, I opened it and and remember I don't know that much about electronics, sure learned how to sold in mid school and stuff but here im lost.

So I have those options:

1.-Use it just as a charger stand and continue with my life.
2.-Rip its guts, drill a hole on it and paste the male 3.5 jack and a PSVita charger and use it like that with a PC but bye bye to the speakers.
3.-Rip it apart, bought a Raspberry 3A+ (Or maybe Zero doesn't seems that I could alocate a normal 3B/4B in there) then use it as a nice VitaDock, losing the speaker too.
4.Repeat part 3, but somehow use the speakers, don't know what add-on bought to use speakers on a Raspberry, that also could be put there, or tell me if there's other set of speakers I could use being that the space and form is already there.

Sorry for my english.

Attachments

• IMG_20200929_183305.jpg
    IMG_20200929_183305.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20200930_010541.jpg
    IMG_20200930_010541.jpg
    727.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20200930_010506.jpg
    IMG_20200930_010506.jpg
    674.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20200930_010516.jpg
    IMG_20200930_010516.jpg
    662 KB · Views: 98
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    Calm your tits it sound okay for the money lol
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sound bars are a scam
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No comment on whatever particular unit Kennie bought, don't really care
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Just, in general, sound bars are a scam.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    An actual decent to good sound bar is going to be as expensive as a lower end home theater in a box system with less functionality and a poorer sound stage
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Which is to say you're spending so much money to still have 100% of the sound come from the bottom of the TV.
    Gift
    As long as it sounds good that's all I give a fuck about lol
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    aye long as you're happy with your purchase that's the important part
    Gift
    You really can't judge based on video reviews as it's not the pure sound coming from it
    Gift
    So any product reviewer can just say spend $200 more on this cause it sounds better be your own judge
    Gift
    Plus stores have that 30 day return thing if you're not happy with it return it it shouldn't need to be a huge deal lol
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I gotta sit down for a bit and play around with the new surround receiver I bought
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Does everything I need it to however it's got some peculiarities that either I'm just being big dumb and not understanding right, or are a complete dealbreaker
    Gift
    I'd love to own a good klipsch or Yamaha receiver but I don't really need to spend $200+ on a receiver living in a single bedroom apartment
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    *looks around nervously at single bedroom apartment*
    Gift
    As long as it booms out the crackhead I live around it's good enough
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Funny that, I actually just replaced a Yamaha receiver, replaced it with a manufacturer refurbished Denon unit
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Only reason for replacing is that the Yamaha unit was like 8 years old and didn't support 4k video
    Gift
    Denon makes good shit
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And now that I think of it, only a single device that's plugged into it is even capable of outputting a 4k signal anyway lmfao
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    my chromecast
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ps4, xbox one, switch, all 1080p I think. I don't have the ps5 or xsx yet
    Gift
    I wish Marshall could make good 7.1 receivers but they're more amp related
    Gift
    And audio technica