Mobile Phone as console controller

Nalwonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this is probably a dumb question, but I can't find any information because everything just turns up results for using a controller ON my phone, but is there any way to use an Android phone AS a controller for a console?

I figure, I can connect my phone to my console over USB, the same as my controller, and my phone is a programmable device. Is there anything out there to let it behave as a controller, possibly by tricking the console into thinking it's a 3rd party USB based controller?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
There's Peel Remote, which can control certain consoles over Wi-Fi. I don't know why you'd want this, though. Trying to play anything with a touch screen is going to be next to impossible.

Nalwonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ultimately the idea is to use it as a piggyback to allowing other people play games with me online through Parsec, since I already have ways to control my phone through my computer. Mostly casual stuff like Wheel of Fortune, or Trivia games, so lag and ease of use aren't huge issues.

I tried this with a Titan One, but the thing broke after one day of use and I figured, I already own several Android devices that I trust not to break on me quite so easily, so if this was a viable option, I'd look in to it.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
That's why I recommended Peel Remote. It's a universal remote app that can control certain Wi-Fi enabled devices. I used it to control my Xbone when thumbing through Hulu or something so that I don't drain a controller. The only problem is that the interface is similar to a TV remote, so it might be a little awkward for games, but should suffice for those that involve just selecting screen items.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end