Mobile app has a %ProgramFilesDir% with steam folders?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Ericthegreat, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Ericthegreat
    OP

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    So I dled a mobile version of a app that is iffy, It seems to work fine and nothing weird I just noticed tho it generated a %ProgramFilesDir% and in there the file structure is Steam > steam > games > my steam games .ico files, is this just some generic folder the mobile app is linking to or what?

2. drake7707

drake7707 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2006
    Belgium
    %ProgramFiles% redirects to the default Program Files folder (depending if it's an x64 or x86 application). You can easily test this by typing %ProgramFiles% in your start menu. I think %ProgramFilesDir% is a mistake on the developer's end. Either they forgot to replace it to the correct folder name or they added Dir accidentally.

3. Ericthegreat
    OP

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Why is there only steam stuff in there tho lol? I do not have another programfilesdir, unless it is hidden somewhere? Also I have scaned the file and computer and so far clean.

Edit: Could it have somthing to do with this:

On an unchanged US-English Windows installation this directory will be at C:\Program Files, though it can be moved; on non-US-English systems the folder name may be different. In order to keep track of where it is, there is an environment variable %ProgramFiles% that stores its location which is loaded from the registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProgramFilesDir when the computer boots.