OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
It happens that I cannot play any SD channels anymore because the wii say that there's no free blocks needed to start that channel. I saw that my free blocks were disappearing

It shows only 19 blocks free but I don't have much things installed to the wii memory, just the default channels, internet channel, HBC...

Something is stealing blocks from the memory, some hidden data...

How can I figure out what's going on? Is there any homebrew software that writes hidden data to the memory? (Homebrew data used to appear in the system memory as "Unknown data" or "Corrupted data" or something like this)

THanks!

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you delete the "Wii+Internet" Video? That thing takes 1200 blocks on its own. Also delete "SD Card Menu Data" in the Channels section of Data Management if you have it.

Homebrew doesn't cause this (at least not that I've seen). A friend of mine had this happen to him, but I don't know how he fixed it. He may have formatted his wii (not a good idea, since it can cause strange behavior and bricks)...

Custom channels used to show up as "???" because the channel didn't have banner information. They're nothing to worry about.

luisfhb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
umm... but the thing is that I have nothing to delete from the data management, I'm about to delete the news and weather channel, but that would free just little of blocks.

I have many savegames but they do not seem to take that much of space.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dump the nand with bootmii and then open it in nandExtract. it will let you see the size of all the files. if you dont see where the blocks are being used up, you can run nandBinCheck on it and see if it finds any lost clusters.

neither of these will do anything to actually fix it, but at least you will know more information about it and can proceed from there.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If im not mistaken the default nintendo channel (news, weather ect.) don't use up any of your nand memory. They have their own reserved memory on the nand that they use, So even if you delete them you won't gain any blocks

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Ryoku83 said:
If im not mistaken the default nintendo channel (news, weather ect.) don't use up any of your nand memory. They have their own reserved memory on the nand that they use, So even if you delete them you won't gain any blocks
Actually they use the regular memory.

@OP: Take a look through your save games before you assume there is something wrong with your Wii. While most game saves only take up 1 or 2 blocks, some are huge. Black Ops and SSBB are two that come to mind. Any DLC from music games are other examples. Saves from most of the downloadable channels (CheckMiiOut, Internet Channel, etc.) also take up a lot of room.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself